Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

Welcome to Advice for Moms! Introduce Yourself!

wave     

Welcome to Advice for Moms!  We're glad you're here! 

To introduce yourself and meet other moms, please click here:
Welcome to Advice for Moms! Please introduce yourself..... Get started here!

by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 3:54 PM
Replies (3431-3440):
babies46
by on Jan. 11, 2013 at 8:56 AM
4 moms liked this

Hi, I am a new mom of twins born December 7th at 35 weeks..they were premies kind of a rough start both babies were in NICU one for 2 weeks and the other for 3, everyone is good now and at home.   Currently we are sleeping downstairs in my family room they are in in a pack and play together.    I wanted to make their transaction to our house as easy as possible,  I want to start to transition them upstairs and eventually into there own room where they  each have there own crib can anyone tell me at how many weeks I should start to ease them upstairs?  they are 5 weeks old right now, also how long do you let a newborn fuss to calm them self down?  my niece said her dr told her only 3 minutes when they are that little ??   I have alot of nieces and nephews and been around and taking care of babies for a long time its so different when they are your own : ) 

Bmat
by Barb on Jan. 11, 2013 at 9:58 AM

Welcome, and congratulations on your new babies!  I don't know what to suggest, but if you put your question in the main post area you should be able to get helpful responses.  Click the Advice for Moms logo at the top of the page, then click add a new post.

Quoting babies46:

Hi, I am a new mom of twins born December 7th at 35 weeks..they were premies kind of a rough start both babies were in NICU one for 2 weeks and the other for 3, everyone is good now and at home.   Currently we are sleeping downstairs in my family room they are in in a pack and play together.    I wanted to make their transaction to our house as easy as possible,  I want to start to transition them upstairs and eventually into there own room where they  each have there own crib can anyone tell me at how many weeks I should start to ease them upstairs?  they are 5 weeks old right now, also how long do you let a newborn fuss to calm them self down?  my niece said her dr told her only 3 minutes when they are that little ??   I have alot of nieces and nephews and been around and taking care of babies for a long time its so different when they are your own : ) 

Aubreismom
by on Jan. 11, 2013 at 10:21 AM
4 moms liked this
Hello I'm a first time new mom and would welcome any advice. We have been home 2 weeks and I have the baby blues, but other thanthat just lonely being stuck in doors and on maternity leave. I'm also recovering from a c-section.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
TaraTwinMom
by on Jan. 12, 2013 at 8:21 PM
3 moms liked this
Hi everyone! My name is Tara. Married to hubby for 3yrs. I'm 31 and a FTM through IVF to girl/boy twins who were born 3 months early. We spent 94 days in the NICU. It's been a struggle dealing with preemies especially when no one else understands. My twins are 7 months actual age but corrected age is 4 months. They are teething now. We have constant appointments regarding there development to work on keeping the twins on track with there corrected ages.
TaraTwinMom
by on Jan. 12, 2013 at 8:28 PM
Hi! I have girl/boy twins born at 28 weeks in May '12. We spent 3 months in the NICU. We also slept in the family room for about a month then we transitioned into the nursery using a baby monitor. My twins sleep in separate cribs. Instead of a pack n play, I used travel beds for them to sleep in. They were awesome! I put the travel bed inside each crib so the twins felt more secure. I never had them share a bed since they spent so much time apart in separate incubators. I did try letting them nap together but my son kept grabbing my daughters hair. Eekk! That ended very quickly. Ha!

Quoting babies46:

Alisha9241
by on Jan. 12, 2013 at 8:59 PM
3 moms liked this

hiya mommies! I am Alisha, 20, mama to piper ,1  yr, married to her daddy for 2 years now. Piper was unexpected but she's my angel. I hope to meet people in my Area of Hannibal, MO. 

dmralph
by on Jan. 12, 2013 at 11:20 PM
2 moms liked this

For the young and new moms out there. I know alot of you are working and going to school and doing the mother jobs,,,,,you rock you can do this with alot of support. One things that I woud ask is if we stop using suck bad filty words, We are all aduts and deal with our own frustrations, so try to drive your anger out by talking or taking a wak before you share such words, its unproductive and negative and destructive ways to show that as a women we are not. So gals, be can bring home the bacon, be a mother, and  a student and stil work fulltime. With no famiy members help. You can do this girls...You ROCK!

Mireya926
by on Jan. 13, 2013 at 11:21 AM
3 moms liked this

Hi Laddies, I am a FTWM, and a single mom as well. I have 5 year old boy who is in Elementary. My new hobby is cafemom and I love taking pictures. I love scrapbooking. I like to spend time with my son when I have a spare time. I am a preschool teacher, been doing this for the past 12 years, wow I had to think about that. LOl. That just a little bit about me. Am always looking forward in meeting new people whom I have things in common.  

MyDayDawning
by on Jan. 13, 2013 at 12:06 PM
3 moms liked this

Hi - I'm from Indiana, been on cm for awhile & love it simple smile

robin7771
by Member on Jan. 13, 2013 at 12:41 PM
4 moms liked this

Hi!

I am a mom of 3 adult children. Married for 25 years to dh . We live in Alabama. We don't get snow, but we do have alot of rain and tornados. I am looking forward to the empty nest. lol Robin

This post has been locked, replies are no longer allowed.

Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)