Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

leaving, taking my kids with me (out of state) help please!!!!!

Posted by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 4:09 PM
  • 11 Replies

ok so ive finally decided im not happy...... and to only be fair to my husband, and not waste our time im gonna leave.... hes an angry person... our son is very afraid of him. hes pushed me around when he gets mad and definetly verbally abuses me..... im just done waiting for it to get better... so anyways... im going to ontario ca, i live in reno nv right now.... its a place i can go get a job and i have a wonderful place to stay till im back on my feet...... so my question is, am i doing anything wrong here?? my husband isnt the im gonna take you to court type lol.. hes to lazy and doesnt wanna bother with anything like that......

by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 4:09 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MovalMomsADMIN
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 4:10 PM

well, no but you prob should file for divorce soon and do all the court stuff yourself just incase

chrisdoll
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 4:13 PM

I would consult with a lawyer before leaving the state, because every state has different laws and to cover yourself!

And you should see about filing for divorce as well.

LilGina
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 4:15 PM

Do not file in nv come to ca and file here believe me it will make your life easier lol

Bonnie
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 4:16 PM

It doesn't matter what laws are in place. If there is no divorce filed and there is no custody order, she is free to go anywhere she pleases with her child(ren). Do be sure to file once you get to where you are going, though. Because this works both ways. He could show up and take your child(ren) and there's not a lot you could do but fight him in court. Unless you have an order in place.

Torienslilmama
by Silver Member on Jun. 3, 2010 at 4:55 PM

ok well once i get to cali and settled and i file....  how much am i looking at paying if theres nothing involved and its just a straight divorce??? also when do i pay.. when i get the papers to file or the end of the process?

canthaveboys1
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 4:57 PM

Quoting Bonnie:

It doesn't matter what laws are in place. If there is no divorce filed and there is no custody order, she is free to go anywhere she pleases with her child(ren). Do be sure to file once you get to where you are going, though. Because this works both ways. He could show up and take your child(ren) and there's not a lot you could do but fight him in court. Unless you have an order in place.

This. Didnt you just get married?

rogueflowrchld
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 4:59 PM

Is he a good dad?

Torienslilmama
by Silver Member on Jun. 3, 2010 at 5:00 PM

ive been married for 5 years

Quoting canthaveboys1:

Quoting Bonnie:

This. Didnt you just get married?

Torienslilmama
by Silver Member on Jun. 3, 2010 at 5:01 PM

hes good at providing fro them but other than that..... no, hes not really there for them. like i said my son is scared of him for how he treats me

Quoting rogueflowrchld:

Is he a good dad?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)