Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Fathers day

Posted by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 4:21 PM
  • 26 Replies

What are you getting your man? I'm planning on getting him a card and putting cash in it for him to go play golf (neither of our golf courses offer gift certificates for ONE game of golf... you have to pay for the whole membership). He's been wanting to play, but can't get a day off to do it, and then when he has a day off we're broke... so I think he'll really enjoy a day out with the guys golfing.

by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 4:21 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ChancesMommy07
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 4:34 PM

He's getting a card and a new stereo for his car. I have a hard time shopping for him because cars are his hobby and I never know what to buy. This one was easy because my brother told me that he was talking about wanting one but didn't want to spend the money, so I bought it,lol.

NearSeattleMom
by Gold Member on Jun. 3, 2010 at 4:35 PM

My husband and I just bought him two new suits with shirts and ties . . . afterward he said, "Well, you don't need to get anything else for my birthday or Father's Day."

So I won't! 

The kids will give him cards and we'll have a nice meal--either home-cooked or restaurant.  Who knows?

Personally, I hate Mother's Day and Father's Day.  I'd rather skip both holidays!

readingI have four kids.  I've been married 22 years. My favorite color is purple. I hate coffee. I read a lot. I love to go to movies alone. Hot weather makes me crabby. 

chrisdoll
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 4:36 PM

bump

AngelxBaby07
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 4:38 PM
A chicago white sox t shirt that says number 1 dad on the back and a framed picture of him and DD
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
brandi185
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 4:39 PM

i really don't know yet.  at least a card.

canthaveboys1
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 4:42 PM

He has been eying a fishing pole at bass pro shops. I am not sure which one, so I am getting a gift cert for it. Than I dont get the wrong pole. That would be bad!

MomToBeISaMom
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 4:43 PM

Fishing permit.

AES514
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 4:45 PM
He got me a box of truffles. And it was my 1st mothers day. He will probably just get a card.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LilGina
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 4:47 PM

My hubby wants a Bulova watch.

dosthepost
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 4:48 PM

I always try to keep in mind that men just don't put as much thought into...well... anything as we do. I don't try to match his gifting or his diaper changing or his baby feeding, b/c, to be QUITE honest, I do it all better... LOL. He got me a book for mother's day... very thoughtful (really, I'd been wanting it forever)... he does good on gifting, I can give him that much. 

Quoting AES514:

He got me a box of truffles. And it was my 1st mothers day. He will probably just get a card.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)