Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Of course I want help out!

Posted by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 4:38 PM
  • 4 Replies

I do not grocery shop at Walmart or Target.  Ever.  Well, ok, every once in awhile, maybe two or three times a year I go to a Walmart Neighborhood Market if I'm on that side of town visiting my daughter and just need an item or two (but not produce or meat, never buy that there).  Otherwise, I go to a real grocery store, you know, the kind where you can't buy underwear or lawn furniture.  I pay more. I agree to pay more.  Why?  Because service is included.  I like the service.  The sweet man unloads my grocery cart, the young woman bags my groceries, then....and here's the kicker...one of the two takes them to my car and loads them for me.  Of late, the last two times to be exact, I've been asked if I wanted help out.  I kindly smiled and said, "yes, that'd be great..."  I'm like, yes, I just spent $237.42 here and I'd like help out.  Thanks, that'd be great.  :o)  Whew!  Ok, guess no one is going to help me unload them now or fix dinner, right? 

by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 4:38 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
MomToBeISaMom
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 4:39 PM

:) I love our neighborhood grocery store!

Mom2jngnc
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 4:41 PM

I know what you mean. We have that at our grocery store, if you ask a wonderful minimum wage paid young man (or lady) will load your groceries (tipping not allowed).

When my brother worked at the grocery store here in town, 1 little old lady would request that he load hers. He would put the bread and eggs on the front seat, and load the rest in her trunk. She always tipped him despite policy, but was so forceful about him taking it that the store manager told him to "keep her happy." She complained whne he said he wasn't allowed to accept it.

Ladybug8412
by Bronze Member on Jun. 3, 2010 at 4:43 PM

Ditto! I loathe Walmart! 

canthaveboys1
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 4:44 PM

We have a store that delivers to your home free if you order a certain amount of stuff. They dont put it away though, but they bring it in the house. :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)