Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

help i cant clean??

Posted by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 4:50 PM
  • 28 Replies

so my apartment has all hardwood floors in the bedrooms and tile throughout the rest of it. i have the shark (steam mop) i use that a least once a day then at least once a week i i get on my hands and knees and scrub the floor with a brush and floor cleaner. well our feet are always black! what the hell am i doing wrong????? i just met my next door neighbor and they have the same set up her ds was bare foot and his feet are clean. so it isn't just the floors it has to be me! today i used the shark then got down and used clorox wipes and a few hours later my feet were black again!! also my dd's feet are like a little dirty but mine are always actually black! wth??

by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 4:50 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Apr1l
by Gold Member on Jun. 3, 2010 at 4:52 PM
Do you wear shoes in the house? Do you have pets? That could cause it
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
dosthepost
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 4:52 PM

is it commercial tile?

okhsmom
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 4:54 PM

Quoting dosthepost:

is it commercial tile?

just curious, never heard the term commercial tile.  is that composition vinyl tile?  not ceramic? 

bluebunbun
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 4:58 PM

no shoes, no pets!

Quoting Apr1l:

Do you wear shoes in the house? Do you have pets? That could cause it

bluebunbun
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 4:59 PM

idk anything about types of tile....if i took a pic would you be able to tell?

Quoting dosthepost:

is it commercial tile?

heybooboo
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 4:59 PM

I was having the same problem, and then realized it was my flip flops.  It was driving me nuts.  I was scrubbing floors daily.  Even if I was barefoot in the house, I always slipped my flops on to run out to the garbage or what not.  Once I got rid of the flip flops, my feet didn't get nearly as dirty.

CMcLaws
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 5:02 PM

OMG I don't know what to tell you because I have the EXACT same freakin problem!! LMAO! We just moved in to this house two months ago, and we have tile and hardwood all over. We never wear shoes in the house, and don't have pets. I don't know WHAT the problem is! :-( I just mopped, scrubbed, and orange gloed the whole house, and I'll bet in an hour my feet will be gross again.

ToddlerMum
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 5:06 PM

yes this happens to me too when i wear flip flops

Quoting heybooboo:

I was having the same problem, and then realized it was my flip flops.  It was driving me nuts.  I was scrubbing floors daily.  Even if I was barefoot in the house, I always slipped my flops on to run out to the garbage or what not.  Once I got rid of the flip flops, my feet didn't get nearly as dirty.

bluebunbun
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 5:12 PM

i know my flip flops make it worse but i didn't put them on today? still black a few hours after i cleaned the floors!

Quoting ToddlerMum:

yes this happens to me too when i wear flip flops

Quoting heybooboo:

dosthepost
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 5:24 PM

Quoting okhsmom:

Quoting dosthepost:

is it commercial tile?

just curious, never heard the term commercial tile.  is that composition vinyl tile?  not ceramic? 

LOL, you know the tile in grocery stores? That's commercial tiles... Idk WHY someone would put it in an apartment, but I lived in one with it and it was HELL to keep clean. I had to mop EVERY day, and our socks were still black. Apparently if I had buffed it we would've had cleaner feet... of course, no one told me that until after I moved out.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)