Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Do you let your child sleep with a pillow

Posted by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 7:26 PM
  • 8 Replies
My son is about 14 months old and I don't know if he's old enough for a pillow yet. My friend's daughter slept with one about the same age but im scared of suffocation. What do you ladies think? Did you let you young ones sleep with a pillow this young? Please give me the ages you started if you remeber them! Thanks! =)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 7:26 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
adians_mama
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 7:27 PM

DS didn't start using a pillow until shortly after his 2nd birthday when we moved him into the toddler bed.

zoey4504
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 7:29 PM

My son has slept with a pillow since he was 15 months and has been fine.

misty8007
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 7:30 PM

My dd started using a pillow after her second birthday when we moved her to a twin bed. When she was in her toddler bed she showed no interest in one. (and I didnt really want her to have one) But now she does really good with it. She is 2 1/2 now

mandaleigha
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 7:30 PM
My daughter is 18 months and doesn't use one.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
peanutmom
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 7:31 PM

It's not a good idea to have pillows or soft toys in a child's crib.  When your child moves to a toddler bed or big bed, a pillow is fine.   My son did not use a pillow until he was 3, and even then it was one of those little "airline size" pillows, not a full size adult pillow.

ChazznRoccosmom
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 7:46 PM

I've always waited til after b-day #2, and then it was travel sized, not full sized.

Mom                  Dad              Chazz (7y)         Rocco (4y)         Joey (20m) 

Breastfeeding, baby wearing, natural birthing, anti-abortion, SAHM who still loves her tattoos, piercings and hair dye

BabyJae
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 7:50 PM
My dd started using a pillow around 19 months.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Kennewickgal
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 7:51 PM

Took the thought right from my head,,,, LOL!!!  Totally agree.

Quoting ChazznRoccosmom:

I've always waited til after b-day #2, and then it was travel sized, not full sized.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)