Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Selective Vax-ing ?

Posted by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 7:40 PM
  • 8 Replies

i was just reading that the RotaTeq Vaccine is contaminated with dna from a pig virus?! We did not choose that vax for our child

http://www.nvic.org/Downloads/Rotavirus-Campaign/VACCINE-CONTAMINATION--A-THREAT-TO-HUMAN-HEALTH.aspx

But for those that selectively vax, how do you choose ? Curious, I would like to be more informed about selective vaxing for the future.

by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 7:40 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
All4OneN1forAll
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 7:51 PM

nobody selectively vaxes? 

dosthepost
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 7:52 PM

Mostly, I don't allow combination vaccines. My daughter is not a dog... she gets the MMR in 3 different shots. An M, an M, and an R, LOL. I also do not do flu shots, and the hepB shot that they get as newborns.

All4OneN1forAll
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 8:00 PM

thanks for replying. How did you decide on that? Are there any other helpful websites out there to help us decide in the future? Luckily just common sense told us the rota virus vax was nonsense but now i am worried about the others she has had... we do not do flu shots either or that h1n1..

Quoting dosthepost:

Mostly, I don't allow combination vaccines. My daughter is not a dog... she gets the MMR in 3 different shots. An M, an M, and an R, LOL. I also do not do flu shots, and the hepB shot that they get as newborns.

Gailll
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 10:18 PM

Tetanus is important. Tetanus bacteria be in soil or on objects for decades and then infect a person with a tiny cut. It is a serious disease that still has a significant death rate. I chose to have my children have this immunization after they started walking and it's the only one my 20 mo grandson has had.

LilGina
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 10:25 PM

why wouldn't you do the heb b shot in California you HAVE to get it cause there's so many ppl here that have heb b you would be crazy not to get the shot

Quoting dosthepost:

jackiewal10
by Gold Member on Jun. 3, 2010 at 10:27 PM

I would go get the Dr. Sears books.  I can't remember the title.  I can post it tomorrow.  The book is in my sons room and he's sleeping right now.  He has more of a delayed vax schedule. 

Hep B is a blood born pathogen and while it is important for most people to evenutally have that vaccine, it is not needed at birth.  Also not needed at birth are those damn eye drops they use (which BTW are also a kind of vaccine and/or antibiotic).  The only babies who need them are the ones whose mothers have STD's.  The flu shot is new every year so it is essentially a new vaccine every year.  It's not tested enough IMO to be safe.

Huntersmom209
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 10:29 PM

how did you get her the sererate M, M , R vaccines. . .?  I can not find that anywhere?

Quoting dosthepost:

Huntersmom209
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 10:31 PM

I recommend two of my favorite groups on here, "Choosing not to Vaccinate" or "Educated parents = informed decisions" They have tons of great links for helpful websites

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)