Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Hot/red face and ears

Posted by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 8:07 PM
  • 7 Replies

Anyone get this or know why it happens? I have it happen occasionally and it makes me INSANE. I have NO idea why.

by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 8:07 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 8:08 PM

It might be your thyroid.

by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 8:08 PM

high blood sugar?

by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 8:12 PM

Out of nowhere?  From no physical activity?  I would make an appointment.

by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 8:17 PM

I have diabetes & thyroid  problems, no problems with my ears or face turning red. You might possibly have allergies.

by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 8:19 PM

I get that way when I get too hot. My neck will also turn red and get warm. I have to be careful how long I'm out in the heat or I get heatstroke very easily.

Do you also get cranky and fatigued?

by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 8:23 PM

Nothing happens BEFORE the hot face, I just get the face crap going on. Im not doing anything or hot, just that. I am on a low dose of blood pressure meds, but not FOR bp, its for anxiety (which does raise my BP).

Someone suggested it's hormonal and I AM about to "start". I have never tracked when it happens, am going to start now though, to see if it IS a monthly thing.

I used to have high blood pressure and I would get AWFULE headaches and I don't have that going on...

by on Jun. 4, 2010 at 12:52 AM

The top of my hands turned red from my finger tips to my nuckles and the bottom was from finger tips all the way to the bottom of my palms.  I also noticed that my ears would turn red, sometimes it would only be one ear at a time.  I went to the doctor and they said it was raynaud's syndrome, which is caused during the winter.  About a week later, my face turned red from the top of my forehead to the bottom of my cheeks; and it stays red all day every day.  I went back to the doctor and now they don't know.  Ever since then, I've started having a lot of symptoms such as joint pain, swelling and numbness in the hands, spurts of major fatigue, loss of concentration, confusion, etc..  I have so many symptoms right now that it would take me forever to list them  all; I have been feeling really bad ever since all this started and it's gotten so bad that I'm actually scared to go to sleep at night out of fear that I will not wake up.  The doctor that I had been going to thinks some of it's stress and the rest of it he doesn't know.  He doesn't seem to care to find out what it is; he's been pretty rude to me, I don't know why.  I've been trying to find another Dr, but they act like they don't really want to help me because they think that I'm too young to really have anything major going on.  I'm freaking 32 yrs old and my body feels and acts like it's 82 yrs old.  Some mornings I can barely stand up or walk and I have a 15 mth old son that I need to keep up with, I need help.  A lady at my dentist office told me that she thinks I should get my thyroid checked, so I made an appointment with my OB doctor since I'm already an established patient there and they were suppose to check my thyroid after I had my son, but they forgot and so did I.  I've put myself on the back burner ever since I had my son, I end up not taking care of me.  My appointment is actually tomorrow afternoon, so I should be finding out soon whether it's my thyroid or not.  I hope it is my thyroid so that I can finally get some help!  I didn't know that your thyroid could cause so many problems, but I researched it online and you can even die from your thyroids being out of whack.  It's called something like a thyroid storm and it can kill you if you don't get it taken care of.  This probably didn't help you out any at all, but if I find out any helpful info from the Dr, I'll let you know if you want me to.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)