Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

SPIN OFF!!! Where you spanked? Did you feel abused?

Posted by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 9:28 PM
  • 83 Replies

This is not a debate post, it is a simple yes or no question and asnwer post!  You can add any details you want but no debating! 

Hey ladies,

This is a spin off post because I honestly want to know your answers to this question! 

Where you spanked?  If so, do you feel as though you where abused as a child because of such discipline?

Having a bad day?  Come vent here WITHOUT the drama of the other groups!

http://www.cafemom.com/group/momsventing

by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 9:28 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
norahsmommy
by Silver Member on Jun. 3, 2010 at 9:31 PM

yes I was and no I did not feel abused. I didn't get spanked often and when I did I felt embarrassed and ashamed that I had dissapointed my parents.  Thats all.

dosthepost
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 9:32 PM

I wasn't abused, and I WAS spanked. I choose not to, at least with DD... she is very sensitive. All I have to do is point and say "NO" and she cries... I can't imagine if I spanked her. The closest I've gotten was the one time I caught her playing in a light socket (she had pulled out the safety cover... how? Idk. I can barely get those damn things out), and I smacked her hand, and then the time that she headbutted my nose and my knee jerk reaction was to pop her forehead (not hard, LOL)... both times I felt crappy after I did it b/c she just looked at me like "momma, why?".

But no, I wasn't abused... and I was spanked.

momma_2b_2010
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 9:32 PM

i was spanked. i dont think i was abused. but my parents/family members went a little over board with it.

there were a few occasions when i was in elementary school and i got into trouble and i would get spanked my my mom, step-dad, aunts and uncles. one after another.they didnt beat me or anything. but still i dont see why the hell my parents would let the spank me, or why they would agree....

i will never let anyone else hit my son. if he does something wrong his father or myself will take care of it.

halobender1976
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 9:33 PM

yep alot and no I didnt feel abused...lol

mama_girl07
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 9:36 PM

Yes I was spanked. no I didnt feel abused.

shoegirl01
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 9:37 PM

This will surprise most of you...

I was spanked and I was abused.

However, I recognize that the people who hurt me are not the norm nor is it for spankers.  So, therefor, I am for spanking as a form of dicipline although I wouldn't ever use it myself.  I have no issues with others using it becuase i KNOW what I went through is not what happens.  And spankers are not abusers-  Horrible people are abusers. 

Having a bad day?  Come vent here WITHOUT the drama of the other groups!

http://www.cafemom.com/group/momsventing

Aamy
by Gold Member on Jun. 3, 2010 at 9:37 PM

Yes i was spanked as a child when i did something bad. No i did NOT feel abused, nor did i fear my parents. I respected them. 

IAmPregnant Ticker

2callmemom09
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 9:38 PM
I was spanked by my (then) stepdad. And yes I did feel abused! That's cause I was abused by him, and the spankings were just the start of it. When he got tired of spanking us, he started to throw things at us, then it led to throwing us into the walls. However, my real dad spanked us rarely (when he did we knew he meant business, lol) and I didn't feel abused by him. But it ended at the spanking!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
abstractmommy
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 9:39 PM

Quoting Aamy:

Yes i was spanked as a child when i did something bad. No i did NOT feel abused, nor did i fear my parents. I respected them. 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mommawombat
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 9:39 PM

I was spanked and I spank. BUT I DO NOT ABUSE or I was not abuse.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)