Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

i think i am miscarrying.....question....please help.

Posted by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 10:44 AM
  • 17 Replies

but not sure wtf is going on. 2 weeks ago I got a positive pregnancy test. 2 of them, actually. i was scared as i just had 2 c-sections in the past 1.5 yrs (son is 17 mo, daughter 4.5 months)...i had just had my gall bladder out a month and a half ago, and I have had been in and out of the hospital for the past 3 months, having cat scans, HIDA scans, a bunch of nuclear medicine pumped thru my veins (last was about 6 weeks ago).

I had a normal period from may 1 to may 5. I just got a bright positive result on 2 tests 2 weeks ago.

last night, i started cramping and bleeding, even more so today. dosent feel right....i have been very emotional, my breasts have been very swollen and killing me, been craving dairy (which is very unlike me), and very nauseated the past week or so.

like i said last night i start bleeding, and today even worse. DH goes out to the store for me to get pads,and 3 pregnancy tests, the digital ones. i only took one, but it was a big fat negative.....

so here is my question:

even if i just started bleeding yesterday, shouldn't i still be getting a positive on thge test results?

thank you for your advice/help in advance.

Lilypie Maternity tickers
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 10:44 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
fireflymcl
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 10:47 AM

The first few could have been false positives...since your daughter is very young. You've also had a lot of testing recently and that could mess with your hormones.

Are there clotts in the blood?

valbeasley
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 10:48 AM

yes there are some clots....

Quoting fireflymcl:

The first few could have been false positives...since your daughter is very young. You've also had a lot of testing recently and that could mess with your hormones.

Lilypie Maternity tickers
greanleef
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 10:51 AM

im not sure, sorry your going through this, good luck with everything, but i would definately call or go to the doctor!

jackiewal10
by Gold Member on Jun. 13, 2010 at 10:52 AM

Yes, you would still get a positive result if you were in fact pregnant.  You'd get a positive for a week or so after a miscarriage until your hormones levels dropped.  I'd say that you were probably never actually pregnant (sorry).  There are a lot of things that can pop a false positive on a HPT.  Had you been to the doctor to confirm your result?  You've had a lot of testing done recently, you've been under stress, your hormones are probably out of whack, it is very likely that your first tests were false positives.  

Snoop420
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 10:56 AM
It may be implantation bleeding Hun. I did that with both of mine & I thought I was micarrying. Especially with my 2nd. I would get contraction like cramps & then push & blood would come out, not trying to be too descriptive or gross but it actually sounds like you are still pregnant. Pregnancy test generally will come back positive even during a miscarriage because the hormone levels are still there because it's so soon. The one negative was probably a false or faulty test. You still are experiencing pregnancy symptoms swollen breasts & such. I'm not a doc but I've heard a lot of the time those symptoms won't be as apparent when a miscarriage happens. You need to go to the doc now & have an ultrasound to check for fetal movement & heart beat. You may still be pregnant. How far along are you?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Snoop420
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 11:00 AM
You don't generally get false positives unless you are going through a miscarriage & the hormones are still high, certain types of cancers can cause it, faulty tests or you are pregnant. You get false negatives but normally not false positives, I know because I asked when I had a shock positive pregnancy test. If 2 came back positive you most likely were/are pregnant
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
fireflymcl
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 11:01 AM

Quoting valbeasley:

yes there are some clots....

Quoting fireflymcl:

Is the bleeding painful?

Maybe wait a few days and take anopther test?

Snoop420
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 11:02 AM
Take the other tests. See what they say. This could just be a bad period.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ChaoticAtBest
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 11:03 AM

it sounds like you need to go to the hospital and get checked out. IDK what's going on, but you should just go to be safe. Good luck momma.

AES514
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 11:08 AM
If you are going through more then a pad an hour or clots are bigger the quarters you need to call your Dr. Other then that...... wait a day or two and test again.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)