Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

S/O: leaving your child in the car?

Posted by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 11:37 AM
  • 39 Replies
Let's say you got a random stomach bug that came over you suddenly, and it was a choice between sh*tting your pants or leaving your sleeping child in the car for 5 min or less with the AC on, locked, tinted windows. What do you choose?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 11:37 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
sherriemorgan
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 11:42 AM

I would choose shitting on myself.

I love my Hubby and I am so proud!

Kris_PBG
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 11:42 AM

Oh well - guess the pants would need to be thrown out - b/c i would NOT leave my child in a car unattended.

It is also totally illegal in my state to leave your child in a running car for ANY reason.

KandiceN
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 11:43 AM

I never leave my kids in the car alone.. no matter what.

KristenFowles
by Member on Jun. 13, 2010 at 11:44 AM
The child would be coming to the bathroom with me. I'd run in and pay for gas with a sleeping child in the car.... but I wouldn't be able to see my car from the bathroom.. and you never know how long THAT type of bathroom trip may take...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
StarsChildren
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 11:46 AM

Quoting sherriemorgan:

This... or wake DS up and take him with me.

Mother to Nisean Mohave 2/6/06 5:28am, BFF with my Mom, wife to Tony 1/31/09, a new generation hippie trapped in an activist, worshipping dirt & hugging trees, natural way of life & parenting believer, home-made, home-birthed, home-raised, toxin free, with lots of love. - recycle, reduce, reuse -

DaniJones86
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 11:46 AM
I had my gallbladder taken out so therr are times when i just have to go no waiting, and I have two kids, if the two yo is sleeping i take her out the car and the four yo unbuckles and i open her door and they both come with me, i dont even get gas where i cant pay at the pump, if i cant pay at the pump i take both girls out with me to go pay... yeah im paranoid
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MrsNewman
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 11:47 AM

id shit myself .... it takes what 3 seconds to unbuckle a child?? really, it's not that hard of a choice. 

jroach
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 11:48 AM

Quoting sherriemorgan:

abstractmommy
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 11:52 AM
I ask because I was in that situation and I tried to take DS in with me, but I didn't make it to the bathroom :-/ my friend said I shouldve just left him in the car since he was asleep.

What sucked the most is I was on a road trip from my parents house to my house and I didn't have any clothes with me(I leave clothes at their house since we visit so much), and I was only halfway there!!!

I ended up using baby wipes to clean up and sitting on a spit up cloth half naked for 2 hours praying i didnr need to stop!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
KaylasMiracle
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 11:54 AM

HONESTLY...I'D BE PITCHING THE PANTS...I WILL POST MY STORY AGAIN...

MY MOTHER TOOK MY SON GROCERY SHOPPING...PARKED 2 FEET FROM HER FRONT DOOR, KITCHEN IS JUST INSIDE FRONT DOOR...SHE TOOK IN HALF THE GROCERIES THEN TOOK IN MY SON...AS SHE CAME OUT FOR THE REST OF THE GROCERIES SHE WATCHED THE CAR DRIVE ITSELF BACK INTO A TREE, TURN AROUND AND GO OVER A HILL!!!

THE CAR WAS TOTALED AND APPARENTLY THE GEARS HAD MALFUNCTIONED...WHEN SHE GOT MY SON OUT OF THE CAR, ALL OF HER 110 LBS CAUSED THE CAR TO SHIFT ITSELF INTO REVERSE!!!

2 MINUTES LATER AND MY SON WOULD'VE BEEN OVER THE HILLSIDE...IT ONLY TAKES A MINUTE!!! PLEASE TAKE MY WARNING!!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)