Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I dont know what to do.

Posted by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 11:52 AM
  • 5 Replies

My dd is 11 months old. for the past few weeks she has been really difficult. I know she was sick and is teething but im on my last nerve.

She has very strong naptime cues. She rubs her eyes, yawns, and whines. so I put her down. and she refuses to nap. just lays there making the same whining noise she makes when telling me shes tired. and she will go on FOREVER. and NOT nap. yesterday she was up for 9 hours because every nap she did this. I'm a cio mom so usually wouldnt bother me but living with other people whoa re not pleased about all the noise she makes when they're trying to sleep (they work 3rd shift).

If i keep her up she whines. If i put her down she whines. is there anything at all I can do?

I am a tollerant, laid back, happy mom of a beautiful baby girl who doesn't feel the need to justify her parenting style to you.

by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 11:52 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
BaileynMe
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 7:05 PM

Get a baby carrier/wrap and go for a LONG walk.

imgnabamommy
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 7:06 PM

I know its not recommended, so go ahead and slap my hand...but this worked for me. DS started whining just like you are talking about...I put a toy in his crib that he could chew on and problem solved. When he's like that I pop the toy in with him and he chews til he falls asleep.

Faeriebrat
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 7:10 PM

I am sure I will get several yucky comments about this but my daughter is the same way. She just turned 1... The ONLY way I can get her to nap is to sit on the couch and let her lay on my chest.. works all the time almost immediately.. She likes to hear my heartbeat and feel me against her..and I like her to nap.. lol win/win for us

manda14311
by on Jun. 14, 2010 at 2:07 AM
we do the same a lot of the time. :)

Quoting Faeriebrat:

I am sure I will get several yucky comments about this but my daughter is the same way. She just turned 1... The ONLY way I can get her to nap is to sit on the couch and let her lay on my chest.. works all the time almost immediately.. She likes to hear my heartbeat and feel me against her..and I like her to nap.. lol win/win for us

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
momoffive828
by on Jun. 14, 2010 at 12:24 PM

Have you tried those tapes that sound like the ocean, or the very lit bible songs that helped with me as did holding them on my chest when needed.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)