Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Poker game from HELL

Posted by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 12:32 PM
  • 8 Replies

so we had a poker game last night for my birthday, we had our two kids (age 2 and 3) and other players kids here (ages 7,3,5,3,2) OMG, these kids were horrible... they trashed the play room...broke things... kept beating up on my kids...cussed, hit, kicked, everything you can imagine.. and there parents... DID NOTHING!..

mind you this is the first time I was meeting these parents...they were my hubbys friends from high school...they are now all late 20s or 30...they need to grow up and take care of there children...they were drinking the whole time.. (hubby and I dont drink)...and to top it off... one of the fathers spilled his whol can of beer on my BRAND NEW carpet!.. and didn't say a thing!

The worst of it all.. is the other mothers were trying to make fun of me the whole night.. about how attentive I was to my kids, and checking on them every 2-5 mins...Im sorry, but I know when my kids are hurt...I can just feel it...

They locked my three year old in a Kennel and wouldnt let her out, smashing her fingers and toes (she was trying to get out)...

They had my 2 yr old son curled up in a ball while 3 of them was kicking and hitting him...

I tell the parents.. and they just laugh...so I took it in my own hands.. if they were not going to say anything to there kids.. then I did..

I was pissed!

Sorry I had to VENT!

by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 12:32 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
CullenLover
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 12:35 PM

wow! if these were your husbands friends why didnt he say anything ? b/c after the first time and my so called friends ignored me, i would tell them to leave if they cannot tend to their kids.and remind them they are not welcomed back at all.

Momsangel21706
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 12:39 PM

Hubby was focused in the poker game, I to was playing the game but was up every chance I got to check on the kids. He didn't know what was really going on, he would just hear me tell the parents.. and say your kids need to behave..

They walked in the house saying, If my kids break anything or hit someone sorry.. but thats just how they are!

MarShy740
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 12:40 PM

I would be beating some asses!!!!!!!

mlmartinez
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 12:46 PM

I would have said screw poker and kicked them all out on their asses!

Rogue35
by Member on Jun. 13, 2010 at 1:00 PM

I think I would have asked them to leave.  Playing like that could get someone really hurt.

abc04789f
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 1:01 PM

i would have told them to take their kids and get out NOW!!!!.

Acid
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 1:09 PM

Sorry but I think this is too far fetched.

Something isn't right.

Momsangel21706
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 2:47 PM

Oh I wanted to ... but hey weren't my kids.. couldn't really hit them... I told them it wasn't right..and that it was not nice to do that... but I told the parents to discipline them.. but they just laughed and said "that's my kids"...I don't think they have much discipline at home.. that's for sure..

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)