Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Do you play with your 9 year old?

Posted by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 1:43 PM
  • 7 Replies

Do you play with your 9 year old? I don't mean crafts, video games, reading together, etc. I'm referring to playing barbies, school, with stuffed animals, etc.

Thanks!

by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 1:43 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
TheresaC7
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 1:45 PM

Of course! I still cuddle with a pillow. I felt it was more grown up than a teddy bear, but I secretly want one of those big bear stuffed animals to cuddle with at night. My daughter doesn't really do Barbies though. She plays school a lot.

ruby70
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 5:42 PM

absolutely !!!!   there is no greater reward than to play with your child.  those are memories that will last a life time.

NearSeattleMom
by Gold Member on Jun. 14, 2010 at 2:10 AM

No.  Is that bad?  I'm the mom and after a certain point, don't play.  (And that certain point is about age 3 or 4!) 

lifetimelove
by on Jun. 14, 2010 at 3:47 AM

Well, mine is 3 right now and I play with him.  But I play with my nieces and nephews that are that age, so I sure as heck will play with my kids.  =)  If they ask me, I'm not going to horn in if they don't want me to play with them.  ;)

jrp0606
by on Jun. 14, 2010 at 7:09 AM

my son is only 4 but I can't imagine a point where I wouldn't want to play soccer with him or legos as long as he wants me to play then I intend to play.

there will a point when he won't want my company anymore so I plan to enjoy it for as long as I can.

I think its sad that some people don't play with their child

Tazz2299
by on Jun. 14, 2010 at 8:32 AM

Between 5 children I try to find time to "play' with all of them. Finding time sometimes is the challenge. But what ever they want to play we do. And just as separate time I try to do things all together like playing tag, hide and go seek. With the age variances I have to have the baby on my team!! But we have a blast!!

squidsmommy
by on Jun. 14, 2010 at 9:58 AM

I don't think that's bad, but I do think it's sad. My daughter is going to be 4, still desperately wants one of us to play with her, her face lights right up when we do, I couldn't imagine not playing with her just because she's a little older. That's one of our jobs as a parent in my opinion.

Quoting NearSeattleMom:

No.  Is that bad?  I'm the mom and after a certain point, don't play.  (And that certain point is about age 3 or 4!) 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)