Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The pity party is officially over!

Posted by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 2:18 PM
  • 5 Replies

My cold is better-almost gone and life is going better! DH got a job and things are looking up. Now if I can get a job things will be even better. Several jobs that I am qualified for have opened up and i have applied for them. Part time would be okay but I prefer full time. I was feeling sorry for myself and thinking of the worst possibilities. We have enough right now to pay the rent for July and all the bills this month. And I know that you can let the power/cable go for a month or so before you get FINAL NOTICES! LOL!  I do have a question. One of the jobs I applied for opened up on Friday and I out my application/resume out on Saturday. A few hours later I get a reply from the principal saying the position had been filled!! WTH!?!?! It just posted less than 24 hours ago on a FRIDAY afternoon! I get the feeling the principal had a candidate for the job but had to post it by law. Is that legal? Should I talk to someone at the central office and ask about it? I wouldn't mention the principal's name just what happened.

by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 2:18 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
lovinangels
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 2:31 PM

That actually happens a lot. I'm glad things are looking up for you, tho!

edit to say- don't retaliate against the principle. Another job may open up and you don't want to leave a bad taste in his/her mouth.

Talk to me about how save money while moving!

I'd love to hear your ideas!

squidsmommy
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 3:17 PM

I don't understand why you would bring it up at the central office. The position was filled, you didn't get it, no big deal. By law, yes, generally they have to post positions, even if they have someone else in mind for the job. Someone was faster than you.

erinsmom1964
by Gold Member on Jun. 13, 2010 at 3:34 PM

I say get over it and move on.......

mommawombat
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 3:53 PM

consider it a blessing in disguise. He probulary an old fart with BO and a comb over. :) with an attitude from hell who does not care about his staff

BaileynMe
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 4:05 PM

That's probably exactly what happened with the job, but if it was filled it was filled. There was a whole day in between the posting and you sending out your resume; plenty of time to find another candidate if the right one came along quickly. No reason to get huffy about it.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)