Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

*Has this ever happened to anyone else?*

Posted by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 2:59 PM
  • 5 Replies

*Might be TMI for some.* 

So AF came on Wednesday (one day early, no big deal) and only lasted 3 days (which has NEVER happened in my life). Af is usually here for at LEAST 5 days, and is fairly heavy the first 3 days, then tapers off to where I'm only spotting by the 6th day. So the second day in I just randomly stop bleeding, and then it starts back up the next morning, but then ends a few hours later, for good. So in summary, I started Wednesday afternoon, bled somewhat heavy throughout the night and all day Thursday, Friday it tapers off and just randomly stops Friday afternoon/evening, then starts back up Saturday morning but only last like an hour and nothing since. I was also EXTREMELY nauseated Saturday to the point of almost throwing up, which isnt like me. And today I'm fine.

Has this happened to anyone and they've been pregnant? I mean I hear about shorter/lighter periods and people ending up being pregnant or people having their periods all the way through their pregnancies, but with my two boys it was like a boom for sure pregnant signs, boobs hurt, gassy, cranky, tired, etc.

I am really tired and could just lay here all day, BUT I did have a period so I am not so jumpy on testing.

Oh and we are NOT TTC, but we arent being extremely careful either. We have only had unprotected sex a few times in the past few months and it wasnt during the week I was ovulating, the rest of the times we have used condoms (which I know arent 100% either).

Brooke, Wife to Garrett, Mother to Keaton and Taeton

by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 2:59 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
AES514
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 3:01 PM
Could be a million different reasons. Take a test, and if its negative, enjoy the light period!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lundaylove
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 3:05 PM

ya i had a period like that and the following month found out i was pregnant. I had tested after that wierd period and got a negative, but didnt get my period the following month, tested and was super positive lol. So idk what was up but it was NOT normal.

sstepph
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 3:12 PM

I get periods like that, but my Gyno says I'm that 1 in 10 women who are like that with my BC that I am on.

KeatonsMama404
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 3:12 PM

Thank you ladies, I just think it's too weird, almost like I'm scared to test because I know I am nervous about another baby so soon. Not that I would be devastated or anything, just want to pay some things off before having another one. By no means can we not support another one, but there has been hints of DH getting laid off within the next year due to no work (he works construction) and I just want to have a substantial amount in savings, and some bills paid off before we get a positive. Lol.

KeatonsMama404
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 3:14 PM

That's neat! I ALWAYS wanted short periods, but never got so lucky, lol. I'm not on BC, other than condoms, so there is no "explanation" to why this happened.

Quoting sstepph:

I get periods like that, but my Gyno says I'm that 1 in 10 women who are like that with my BC that I am on.

Brooke, Wife to Garrett, Mother to Keaton and Taeton

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)