Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

MY Confessions as a horrible mom :)

Posted by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 4:46 PM
  • 42 Replies

I don't respond to my kids every whine, cry or whim.

I teach my child about God, And we attend church regularly.

I do often allow my child to have things like koolaid, spaghetti o's, soda & even (gasp!) candy on occasion

I don't feel the least bit guilty leaving them to go to work, school, or even out for a night.

My son was  formula fed.

my son does not have chores, and does not receive an allowance.  He is expected to help out as a part or being part of this family, and are rewarded just as I reward myself from time to time.

My Son has a tv in his room...not  hooked up to cable, movies only.

My Son doesnt have playdates everyday, yes I force him to find ways to entertain himself.

I don't condone fighting, but if someone hit my child & he hits back in self defense he would not be punished.

I let my Son watch tv. I don't stand over his shoulder while he does, but do random checks on what he's watching.  he knows the rules.

he has had butt smacked at least once or twice in his life, and survived.  We don't use it often, but we will if necessary.

I don't believe in spoling my Son, but I don't feel that they should be subjected to harassment or teasing just to "teach them" something. Kids are cruel. If I can find a way to afford the popular shoes, I'll buy them.  If not, he will do without it, knowing we are doing the best we can for him.

What are your confessions?!?!?!

by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 4:46 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 4:50 PM

i let my kids eat candy once in a while.

my dd knows how to order a happy meal

my kids watch tv only nick jr

my kids learn about God and go to church

i spank

both kids have tv in theior own room (only cable works on dd room)

she makes her own bed  and helps out around the house

she stays up late alot

by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 4:53 PM

I've never understood how people can judge someone as a parent just for things they disagree with... unless it's blatently putting the childs health and well being at danger...

I wonder how many people are going to bash you... hmmm...

by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 4:58 PM

DS is only ten months old but.....

He will eat fast food, processed food, and sugar

He will be spanked if he disobeys

I will let him get frustrated and figure out problems on his own

He may be at grandmas house more then home once in awhile

He won't be baptized or go to church.... Unless he asks

He will be expected to play fairly with his cousins

I will continue using disposable diapers and formula feeding.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 5:17 PM
Gta add the staying up late to mine!!! :) awesome replies everyone...
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 5:36 PM

by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 5:40 PM

I do things that most parents would gasp at, but you know what?  I have two teens that are  honor roll students, one that graduated six months early and is in college, and a toddler that is smart as all get out.  NONE have had trouble with the law, and are respectable individuals who will contribute in a positive way to society.

So while my parenting may not be the way someone else would do it, I have done a damn good job!  Honestly, I could care less what someone thinks of how I raise them, it is none of their business.

by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 5:42 PM

Doesn't sound much like a confession to me...

by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 5:46 PM

I let my kids have candy when they have been good,

both are expected to make their own beds,

both are expected to pick up and put away their toys,

both are responsible for putting their dirty laundry in the hamper if they want it washed,

both are responsible for helping set the table,

I teach both about God and church and we regularly attend church and particapte in church events,

My kids have TV in their room and get to "Rent" movies from us based on good behavior, school grades, and completely their daily chores (no cable in their room)

both have had their butt smacked on occasion or sat in time out to think about their bad choices,

I do expect them to muddle through problems on their own as much as possible otherwise how else will they learn, I won't be there for them every day of the rest of their lives they are going to have to learn to solve some things by themselves and learn how to take care of themselves too, as I tell them when they grumble about cooking and laundry lessons, I am not going to college with you, you are going to have to learn how to do some things on your own!

by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 5:52 PM

sometimes if dd does something wrong and i am not going to get up and put her in time out i will pretend not to see so she thinks i didn't know

dd is 18 months old and she plays by herself at the park i will not follow her around she is tough and knows what she is doing

she had a hot dog and frenchfries for dinner and i didn't eat with her tonight.

i feel my dd should have been baptised but she hasn't been and we dont go to church.

i am pregnant with #2 and neither one of my kids were planned and their dad is my boyfriend and he is still in college

i work from home and sometimes i tell daddy i am working (so he will take dd) and i will go on the computer for a little instead

if dd wakes up at any point at night she is welcomed into my bed

if dd falls and is not bleeding i don not go over to her and if she doesn't cry i pretend she didn't even fall (unless i think she is actually hurt)

also i dont live with my bf but he is here every day

by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 6:04 PM
Lol well where i am living i was considered a horrible mom becuz i "deprived" my first son soda candy and mcd's ... I am also considered a weirdo for chosing to breast feed my second son... And staying with it even after he turned one which is dumb cuz they let their kids have bottles until they were two... I believe in letting them cry it lettin them alone if they fall...both of them will come strt to me if they need to... So unless they r gushin blood i dont gush over them getting bumps n bruises...they r very active...fearless curious boys n i encourage it... I also dont freak out if they want to play with their cousins dollys...theyre gonna be daddies one day... Hopefully not for thirty yrs lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)