Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How to heal a busted lip?

Posted by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 7:52 PM
  • 10 Replies

My 1 year old son was playing and hit his head on my laptop & busted his bottom lip yesterday. Anyone know how long it takes for a busted lip to heal & what can I do to help make it heal quickly? Advice needed, thanks.

son,mother,babyboy

by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 7:52 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MommytoIsabella
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 8:01 PM

My daughter is always busting her mouth open. :( Luckily the mouth heals VERY fast!! She busted her lip really really bad one weekend, it was awful, pulled apart and all. We gave her Ibuprofen, let her eat popsicles, and it healed a lot in about 3-4 days. Hugs, it is hard when they hurt themselves. Hope he heals up fast...and he will!

MissMAMA08
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 8:04 PM

Yes, it is hard when they hurt themselves. I'm going to try that & buy some popsicles today. Thanks for the advice, I appreciate it!

Quoting MommytoIsabella:

My daughter is always busting her mouth open. :( Luckily the mouth heals VERY fast!! She busted her lip really really bad one weekend, it was awful, pulled apart and all. We gave her Ibuprofen, let her eat popsicles, and it healed a lot in about 3-4 days. Hugs, it is hard when they hurt themselves. Hope he heals up fast...and he will!

frndlyfn
by Platinum Member on Jun. 13, 2010 at 8:18 PM

I dont know but bumping for you.

myfoursonsks
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 8:19 PM

It just takes time. You can't really do anything. It will heal quickly though.

MissMAMA08
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 9:38 PM

Alrighty, thanks. I'll keep that in mind. 

Quoting myfoursonsks:

It just takes time. You can't really do anything. It will heal quickly though.

sarahbearamommy
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 9:43 PM

if it gets swollen at all, put a little bit of ice on it for about 5 minutes, if they will take it that long :) but id say just give it time and let it do its own thing

MissMAMA08
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 11:40 PM

Alrighty, Thanks!

Quoting sarahbearamommy:

if it gets swollen at all, put a little bit of ice on it for about 5 minutes, if they will take it that long :) but id say just give it time and let it do its own thing

shyone20
by on Jun. 15, 2010 at 2:13 AM

yeah all you have to do is put ice on it and it will take like a week to heal. Thats what happen to my 2 1/2 year old daughter she slipped in the restroom and hit herself in the toilet and busted her lip. I put ice and in about a week it healed. But it did bleed. I dont know if you could see it? this was the way it looked the 4th day

Daynaof3
by on Jun. 15, 2010 at 3:36 AM

If you breastfeed put breast milk on it.

Brianne036
by on Jun. 15, 2010 at 3:46 AM
Popcicles:) they have majic popcicles that heal busted lips black eyes teething discomfort....skinned knees broken hearts from mean older brothers.... You name it....if you don't beleive me ask my kiddoes. Also I keep frozen fastfood ketchup packets and hand them to the kids. They are perfect sized little kid booboo sized gel packs but it's ok if they bite it and it busts:).
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)