Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

BEST cloth diapers

Posted by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 8:37 PM
  • 84 Replies

Tell me yours :), why, and how much to get started.

by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 8:37 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
dosthepost
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 8:42 PM

BUMP!

jdanielle82
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 8:44 PM

I love bumgenius 3.0's.  They are adjustable from newborn to (I think) 35 lbs, easy to clean, well made and slim fitting.  Here is a link.

FordMama
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 8:47 PM

I have 18 OsoCosy unbleached prefolds (which quilted up so nicely), 2 Flip covers, and 3 Econobum covers which costed me $105 dollars.  It was pretty affordable for cloth diapers.

dosthepost
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 8:48 PM

Thanks! Checking them out now.

Quoting jdanielle82:

I love bumgenius 3.0's.  They are adjustable from newborn to (I think) 35 lbs, easy to clean, well made and slim fitting.  Here is a link.

momof2hellions
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 8:51 PM

well it depends on the size of the baby !! for a newborn i like prefolds and covers - then once they weigh about 10 pounds i start using One Size diapers they fit till potty training and ya only need about 26 to wash every 2 days

so for the newborn stage about 3 dozen prefolds and 4 covers is about $63 for the prefolds and $30 or so for covers

and you can get the OS dipes on Ebay for about $180 for 30 of them !!!

SO a total of $273 to diaper birth to potty trained !!!

and you can use cloth for more than one child

JuneWestling
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 8:52 PM

I'm trying to find one! I don't want pocket, I don't want the all in one. I just want the stinkin cover that buttons up and holds the prefold in there. I don't want to change the cover every time I change a diaper. If I can't find what I'm looking for I'll stick with disposables. But I have about 6-7 months to find what I'm looking for. 

nickiemyers
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 8:53 PM

I use fitteds (WAHM) and some goodmamas. Fitteds are cheaper and they work good. You just need a cover with them. Bum Genius are good dipes as well. I used them before and they hold GREAT! I have spent about 120 so far and have about 12 dipes which will last for a good day. I traded for 10 of those a pair of wool longies (worth 80 dollars) I recommend the site Cuties With Cloth Booties (here on CM) for GREAT advice and Great moms. Also http://www.diaperswappers.com/ is a good site as well.

momof2hellions
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 8:55 PM

if you want a one size cover with snaps check out the FLIP cover it is what i use with prefolds!

https://www.pinstripesandpolkadots.com/products/pc/viewPrd.asp?idproduct=9434&idcategory=73

Quoting JuneWestling:

I'm trying to find one! I don't want pocket, I don't want the all in one. I just want the stinkin cover that buttons up and holds the prefold in there. I don't want to change the cover every time I change a diaper. If I can't find what I'm looking for I'll stick with disposables. But I have about 6-7 months to find what I'm looking for. 

I am an EBFing, CSing, CDing, BWing, Non-vax, non-circ ,, No CIO, APing, Gentle Discipline, single mom of 3

sadbelly
by Member on Jun. 13, 2010 at 8:57 PM

Sounds like you are looking for something like the flip diaper system (made by the bumgenius people)  Instead of using their inserts, you can use a prefold.... the top and bottom of the prefold or insert just tuck into a little flap in the cover.  They also make disposable inserts if you want to use them for travel.  You could just buy a couple of the flip covers and use prefolds.  

Quoting JuneWestling:

zoeysmom331
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 8:59 PM

Thanks for this post. I'm new to this as well, and could use all the advice I can get

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)