Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

to have another or not to have another....

Posted by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 9:17 PM
  • 16 Replies

So my question is do you wait and fully plan your pregnancy/children or do you just do what feels right? The reason I ask is I currently have 2 daughters (3 and 1 years old) and would like more kids but my husbands excuse to wait is always money related. I tell him if people waited until they could "afford" kids the world would have come to an end a long time ago.  I would like to start trying for another baby at the end of year. My husband will really do what I want and be ok with it, it just takes a little more convincing. I just wanted to see where everyone else stands on this.

Thanks Mamas

by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 9:17 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
BabyJae
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 9:21 PM

IF adding a 3rd baby would cause financial strain on everyone I wouldn't do it.  I don't think its fair to the kids you already have.

aydens_mom620
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 9:24 PM

we make the choice to TTC as a couple.  our boys are gonna be 3 on the 20th, and 2 on july 30th, and we are currently 1 month into ttc for #3

kleigh24
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 9:27 PM

me and my husband keep going back and forth, some days I want another one and he wants nothing to do with it then it gets flipped and he has baby fever. I got over my baby fever and I wanted him to get snipped cause im tired of taking pills everyday and he told me he would and I got excited then he told me in a few years cause he wants another baby lol we will never agree on this so I guess if it happpens it happens, my first two weren't planned so why not have another surprise

jridgill
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 9:28 PM

Quoting BabyJae:

IF adding a 3rd baby would cause financial strain on everyone I wouldn't do it.  I don't think its fair to the kids you already have.

chocolat-smiles
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 9:33 PM

i think u should do what's right for u. That being said i hope it will not deprive ur "living" children of all the stuff they need to live comfortably. It would not be fair to take away from them to care for another.

babycakeschris
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 9:33 PM

I have a 3yr old who will be 4 in Dec and a 1yr old I am now 6mths prego with my 3rd and if birth control would have worked for me I would have waited for my 2nd daughter to turn 2 it's going to be hard this means I will have 2 children in diapers since kids really don'tstart learning how to potty by themselves tell their 2 if lucky. If your husband doesn't want any more kids right now you need to respect that idk if he's the only one working but if he is he knows when ya'll are financially ready don't be selfish think about the pressure it puts on him to make sure the bills and house is paid andfood and everythingelse I am a stay at home mom and I take into consideration the way my husband feels but good luck on the choice you make I hope it's the best choice for all of ya'll...

NEWMOMOF1
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 9:42 PM

We wanted four kids in the beginning but after our 2 boys we decided 2 was enough. GL though

sojourner.
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 10:06 PM

We had our first two on the "felt right" feeling...but we were broke for a long time, and are just now starting to recover. A third would be very difficult for us right now - it would mean acquiring new/used furniture, gear, clothing, a bigger car, a new carseat, plus the diapers, formula, and medical bills...it just terrifies me from a financial standpoint, and I don't know how much I would enjoy that baby's infancy because of the weight of the worry. I know I'd love another baby, but it's such a strain...and our two kids now would have to make a lot of sacrifices if we had to pay for another family member. I wouldn't feel right adding a third.

Kris_PBG
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 10:37 PM

I am a planner - I don't have any of my kids when it "just feels right".  Dh and I talk, plan and figure out what will be the best fit for us.

Money concerns stress me out a good deal - so no way I could feel good about moving forward with a baby not knowing how the finances would shake out.

But - I am NEUROTIC - LOL - I know this is not how everyone is... 

kirstn007
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 10:48 PM

this is how i will be for my next lol

Quoting Kris_PBG:

I am a planner - I don't have any of my kids when it "just feels right".  Dh and I talk, plan and figure out what will be the best fit for us.

Money concerns stress me out a good deal - so no way I could feel good about moving forward with a baby not knowing how the finances would shake out.

But - I am NEUROTIC - LOL - I know this is not how everyone is... 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)