Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Okay...for real this time.....he is getting out of the bed!!!!

Posted by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 9:30 PM
  • 6 Replies

Okay, this time I am extra serious this time about my two year old child sleeping in the bed with us. I do not even know where to start teaching my child that he needs to sleep in his room. He will sleep in his bed for like, half of the night. When I roll over in the middle of the night, he is right there in my face just staring at meeye rollingand I was too tired to go and put him back in the bed so I just let him get in the bed with us. I am stuck on how I can get him out of the bed with us and into his own little, plush abode?

A.J's mommie

by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 9:30 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
FDNYwife
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 9:32 PM

I had the same issue with my first and am going through it again with my 3rd.  My 2nd LOOOVES his bed LOL  Anyway super nanny would most likely say, just keep getting up and keep putting him back in his room the second he leaves it. 

Bieg9093
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 11:07 PM

You don't have to take him all the way back to his bed.  Tell him he can sleep on your floor -or- in his bed.  Tell him he's just too big to fit into your bed anymore.  If he wants to test that, roll over onto him a few times.  He'll get it.

Good Luck!

LancesMom
by Gold Member on Jun. 14, 2010 at 8:19 PM

I would just get up and put him back in his own bed. It may make for a few sleepless nights but if youdon't keep doing it consistantly, he will continue to try. In case this one time will be the time you let him.

possummom
by on Jun. 14, 2010 at 8:21 PM

let him pick out his own sheets....a stuffed animal to sleep with and maybe a nite lite. if he sneaks into your bed....get up and put him back in his bed. remind him you have your own bed and he has his.

Kellileanne
by Bronze Member on Jun. 14, 2010 at 8:24 PM

My dd would get up and roam around the apartment.  We put a baby gate in her doorway after she falls asleep.  We hear her open her door and say, "oh no, I stuck!" but then she goes back to bed.  She loves her bed and hates that she gets a very small spot in our bed when she tries to lay with us--she likes to stretch out so we don't have that issue.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)