Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

2nd pregnancy so different have a few ?s

Posted by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 11:23 PM
  • 2 Replies

ok i am 35 weeks preg and i can already feel my pelvic softening. hurts to take a step over my boots. dont remeber this happening til about a week or 2 before having my daughter. does this usually happen earlier with the second one or should i be prepping a bag  for the hospital?

by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 11:23 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
KaseyHickman
by on Jun. 14, 2010 at 12:05 AM

Im sorry hun I dont know but here is a bump!

LoreleiSieja
by on Jun. 14, 2010 at 12:28 AM

The second pregnancy is harder.  With your first, you were younger, for one. No matter what age you are now (16 or 61) you absolutely had to be younger with the first! <G>.  With the first, your body was new.  Now it's broken in.  Your uterus never quite goes back to the before pregnancy shape it used to be in.  So you will feel things a little earlier, I believe.  A lot also depends on your overall health during the second, and before the second pregnancy, and how long a time there is between the babies.  IF there wasn't much time (my first two were 15 months apart) then your body hasn't fully recovered yet from the first.

However, if you are concerned that you might go into labor early, you could definitely schedule a quick doctor check.  It's much better to play it safe.  Besides, if he or she examines you and tells you everything is a-okay, then you'll have less mental stress.

Take good care of yourself!

Lorelei

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)