Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

Thinking of ideas for 2 year old portraits...suggestions?

Posted by on Jun. 21, 2010 at 11:43 PM
  • 13 Replies

A friend of mine does photography and she wants more practice so she offered to do our pictures for free. We are going to do outdoor shots and if we don't get good ones then we'll do some with a back drop. Just wanted to get ideas on poses or locations that would look good. I'm doing my daughters 2 year old pics and my sons 6 year pics. Should I use props or not? Any ideas will be helpful! If you have pics to post, please do! Thanks. We are doing the shoot this weekend.

by on Jun. 21, 2010 at 11:43 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Love2Bugs
by on Jun. 21, 2010 at 11:50 PM

i know you said outdoor, but heres my daughters indoor 2 year/easter/spring pics

lol sry so many trying to give u variety .... i say do both with an without props ... its free mid as well play around with it :)

mamigee98
by on Jun. 21, 2010 at 11:54 PM

Thanks for the ideas! Those are some really cute pics! I would love to do a black back drop with her wearing a pink tutu or dress. I also love black and white pictures. Thanks!

Love2Bugs
by on Jun. 21, 2010 at 11:58 PM

your welcome. another suggestion. dont make them so posey. if u get what im saying. just let them do what they do ... its more natural and you can catch them in the cutest moments. with my dd we just gave ger snacks n props n let her do her own thing with them n got these and tons more ....

mamakenzi
by on Jun. 22, 2010 at 12:03 AM

Quoting Love2Bugs:

your welcome. another suggestion. dont make them so posey. if u get what im saying. just let them do what they do ... its more natural and you can catch them in the cutest moments. with my dd we just gave ger snacks n props n let her do her own thing with them n got these and tons more ....

Kenzie

Check out my blog: http://macklanddiares.blogspot.com

Join us on Advice for Moms -- Group Mod

cmtjenn
by on Jun. 22, 2010 at 12:08 AM

how about taking them at a park you can get some great 'action' shots on a play gym or use the trees as a background.

comptonkids
by Gold Member on Jun. 22, 2010 at 12:20 AM

on a haybale:

this one isnt the best, but i like the idea:

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

mamigee98
by on Jun. 22, 2010 at 12:23 AM

Very nice! We are going to do an outdoor shoot first. She wanted to go to the city hall, it's a nice building with stairs and has a fountain and lots of pretty plants and flowers. Love your pics.

mamakenzi
by on Jun. 22, 2010 at 12:28 AM

Sounds like a good plan!  I like to go to our city's botanical garden, the zoo, and several pretty parks.

Quoting mamigee98:

Very nice! We are going to do an outdoor shoot first. She wanted to go to the city hall, it's a nice building with stairs and has a fountain and lots of pretty plants and flowers. Love your pics.

Kenzie

Check out my blog: http://macklanddiares.blogspot.com

Join us on Advice for Moms -- Group Mod

lawmom27
by on Jun. 22, 2010 at 12:39 AM

This was for my girl's first birthday but i'm sure it would be cute with T W O

mamakenzi
by on Jun. 22, 2010 at 12:41 AM

To all who have posted pics, you have adorable children and adorable pics!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN