Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

Spongebob Squarepants for 2 year old?

Posted by on Jun. 25, 2010 at 12:11 PM
  • 165 Replies

I don't really think spongebob is appropriate for a 2 year old, but Daddy says its a cartoon- so its fine. (I think daddy likes to watch it) Anyway- what do you think about a 2 year old watching spongebob? Am I being sillly? My tot really watches it when daddy puts it on.....so he must like it.

by on Jun. 25, 2010 at 12:11 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
gregory2
by on Jun. 25, 2010 at 12:14 PM

Personally I can not stand sponge bob, his voice annoys me!!! but, in my house daddy likes it probably more than the kiddos so my 3 yr old and 1 yr old LOVE it! So my guys watch it. Somethings I find inapporiate, but its a fight with daddy that is just not a fight worth having sometimes. lol.

hollysmith1983
by on Jun. 25, 2010 at 12:15 PM

My ds will be 3 in aug. I wish I never got him watching it because that's all he want's to watch. I don't think it's to bad for him but I need to start limiting how much he watches it he's an addict. lol

ashleymosq
by on Jun. 25, 2010 at 12:17 PM

My daughter is 3 and has never seen spongebob and will never see it. Other than Noggin cartoons she watches tom and jerry and scooby doo.

maxensmom
by on Jun. 25, 2010 at 12:18 PM

my son loves it. i'm totally ok with it. yeah, spongebob can be a little annoying, but he means well, and i think it's much better than a lot of other shows, like THOMAS. god, i hate thomas. they have such bad attitudes. i will never let my son watch that show.

MovalMomsADMIN
by on Jun. 25, 2010 at 12:19 PM

spongebob isnt as bad as some of them other shoes i use to watchwhen i was younger lmao like tom and jerry for one hahaha and looney tunes... always trying to kill bugs bunny etc.. come on think about it haha

Brianav
by on Jun. 25, 2010 at 12:19 PM
My dd has been watching spongebob since before she was two. It's one of our fav cartoons aside from Family Guy;)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Firewoman33
by Silver Member on Jun. 25, 2010 at 12:19 PM

I don't like it for my 2 yr old either. however, he does watch it with his dad. I haven't seen anything bad in it. It's just obnoxious. Since dh has an equal say, I just let it go.

I hold my opinion for things that are more worth it to me.

LovinMy2Girlz
by on Jun. 25, 2010 at 12:20 PM

My dd (3) loves sponge bob.. and hubby likes to watch it too. I personally HATE the "cartoon" and don't think it's very appropriate so I NEVER put it on for her.. but Hubby will give in and let her watch it.. drives me crazy!

kaylasmom22
by on Jun. 25, 2010 at 12:20 PM

I think he is growing on me now lol. I have not choice my 3 year old loves him. She is having a Birthday party this Saturday and that is her theme. 

lowrider08
by on Jun. 25, 2010 at 12:22 PM

Well I can not say Spongebob is bad for a two year old. My two year old watches Family Guy, and Simpson's. Also Futurerama Daddy likes those shows. I love Family guy. I don't really see the harm in it. I have a nine year old that grew up with all the adult cartoon shows. He was a Spongebob nut. But I personally think Spongebob is annoying. But I am not picky on what my kids watch. It also depends on the child.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)