Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

14 almost 15 mo potty trainig??

Posted by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 1:05 AM
  • 3 Replies

My DD is 14months old now, almost 15mos. She insists on being in the bathroom with us when we go. Anyways, she's started to say "potty" and runs to the bathroom. So we go to take her diaper off, but she's already gone. I'm just curious if this is a sign to start potty training. Do you think she's ready?? If you think she is, what are some methods to help in starting? How often should I take her? how long should I let her sit on the potty before she gets up? Any and all advise and opinions are welcomed!! Thanks!!

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

lindafayCMhelp
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 1:05 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
campomommy
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 1:20 AM

Absolutly, go for it, i started my ds at that age, we had to take a break because of the christmas holidays (26 hour drive..etc) but we picked it back up and he had it down by 2 years old :) i liked the book early start potty training or something, i dont remember too well,  the 3 day training is neat too.

She can do it, the biggest obstacle is training yourself to stay diligent! :) good luck!

NearSeattleMom
by Gold Member on Jun. 26, 2010 at 3:47 AM

My daughter was almost 2 when she completely potty-trained herself.  I left a little potty in the room where we spent most of our time (family room) so it was always available and on her mind.  She could pull her pants up and down and it was summer so she wore shorts a lot.  She did it herself.

Just offer a lot of positive encouragement but don't make it a big issue.  Don't MAKE her do anything.  Just encourage her and let her do it on her own. 

Good luck!

Mamamanic
by Gold Member on Jun. 26, 2010 at 5:41 AM

It is one sign, but here are several signs to look for. Mine were 21/2-3 when able to fully go in undies all day. watching and recognizing it is usually the first. Look for dry after naps, interest in potty, There is others, but I can not remember all....huggies website used to send free training video by mail. I used to also place poop from diaper in the toilet and show them it goes in there.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)