Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Research project (PIOG)

Posted by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 1:12 AM
  • 12 Replies

Hi my name is Nycolle and I am doing a research/volunteer project on preemies, I don't have a main point of view I am doing it from yet which is why I am typing this lol. I am a mother of a(n) 32wk preemie born in 09. But I know that each case is different. I do have a few questions. Would it be alright if I could ask for you help in different areas when the questions and times presented it's self and would it also be alright when I did this if and when could I get a name (just first) and age (if needed). I haven't yet but was going to call different hospital's in my area and ask if I could volunteer in the NICU, with that being said if you as a mom had another mom come in during your child's time in the NICU and either help or just talk to you as another mom who went thru the whole preemie in the hospital time would you mind or have minded? If you could help me out that would be great, also if you would like to ask me questions as well about what i am excatly doing I am open to anwser all and any questions.

CafeMom Tickers
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 1:12 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
BaileynMe
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 1:16 AM

My DD was a full 39 weeks, so here's a bump! 

Jaye677
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 1:19 AM
My DD #3 was taken at 36 weeks, no NICU time though, thankfully. But here's another bump for u!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
NearSeattleMom
by Gold Member on Jun. 26, 2010 at 3:48 AM

Good luck on your project. 

jackieibird
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 6:58 AM

I have a friend who had a micro preemie, I can't really speak for her, but I am pretty sure she would have appreciated having the extra emotional support.  Maybe not someone helping her with her baby, but a BTDT mama to talk to.

I can only imagine how incredibly lost and lonely it can be at times to feel like the only one in your group of friends and family that has a preemie or micro preemie. The support during such a stressful and delicate time would help so many new mamas of these amazing little angels :)

Bookoholic
by Silver Member on Jun. 26, 2010 at 3:29 PM

BUMP!

Bookoholic
by Silver Member on Jun. 26, 2010 at 11:52 PM

BUMP!

BaileynMe
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 11:57 PM

Maybe you should try searching for a preemie group on here? You might get more responses. 

Simply-blissful
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 12:01 AM

BUMP!

kelpresmommy
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 12:01 AM

many hospitals wont let anyone in NICU due to germs and such unless immediate family of preemie and medical professionals thought id let you know that.

beautyoperator
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 2:06 PM
You could probably help to set up a support group for area hospitals but I doubt you would be let into NICU. Ad a nursing student we had a hard time getting unto NiCU for clinical.
Deffinatly try a premie group. My son wad a week and a half late so I am no real help on your project. As a mom with family that lives far away if I ever had a premie some one to talk to that had been through the same thing would be nice to hsve
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)