Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy symtoms? are they normal?

Posted by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 2:54 AM
  • 8 Replies

Im 5 1/2 months and latly I've been getting this hard, swelling like movement in my abodomen and it sometimes will shift to other places then just dissapear. Is this normal? And when my husband and I...have fun...I get this pain in my lower right abdomen right above my right hip. Is this just sensitivity to my body stretching and changing? Its not all the time either. I havn't been to the doctors yet because I needed my birth certificate and all that but I should be going in next week or there abouts and I'm just a little paranoid. This is my first pregnancy and I don't feel comfortable asking the few mothers I know. I feel they look down on my since I'm only 19. And mood swings are normal too? I get irritated and upset real easy. Just hoping for some reassurance is all. I feel (hormonaly) like Im 15 again and just wish my mom was here cause I want to cry quiet alot too. Would appreciate motherly love and undertanding!

by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 2:54 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
Mae264
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 2:57 AM

Hang in there Mama it sounds pretty normal to me. As for the swelling that moves and shifts that's probably the baby moving around in there. Those hormones will drive you crazy but just go with it it's all normal. Wish you the best of luck.

kelliehelvie
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 2:59 AM

I think we are about the same time along in our pregnancies. I'm 23 weeks on Monday. I get that swelling too but I just wrote it off as bloating. This if my first pregnancy. 

I also get those sharp pains when I stretch. I used to get them pre pregnancy and I was told it was from my ovaries. Again I'm not sure.

The irritability and sensitivity is NORMAL I do know this for a fact! Crying, being a bitch, acting like an ass, all just part of the fun. Wait till we are further along and miserable! haha then the real fun will kick in! ;) I hope you get your answers! xoxo

TOMBOI
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 3:03 AM
It sounds norm to me...even the mood swings..I wasn't a bitch when I was 16 an preg but I was am jor one @ 19,27, an 30..it comes with the preg..gd luck..if it worries u..I quite sure u can call er..an ask a nurse for free..congrats on baby..
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lilmomma_1205
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 3:05 AM

Quoting Mae264:

Hang in there Mama it sounds pretty normal to me. As for the swelling that moves and shifts that's probably the baby moving around in there. Those hormones will drive you crazy but just go with it it's all normal. Wish you the best of luck.

connietrrll
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 3:21 AM

You really need to go to the doctors. It is important. The
"swelling" is probably the baby moving. Push on it, when it happens. If you get a response, then it is moving. The sensitivity is normal as well. Your uterusis expanding, and that creates weakened muscles. They will strengthen in time. The crying is way beyond normal. Your hormones will never be the same. Good luck and seriously go to the doctors. It is important.

allisa90
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 5:36 PM

Thanks for the advice. The "swelling" does move when I move my hands on it. I just feel like Im 15 again with all the hormones going crazy! AHHH lol. I'm going to the doctors this week or next (hopefully this week)

BaileynMe
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 5:44 PM

Mood swings are normal, yes. Totally and completely. 

It's PROBABLY just your body stretching and growing, but you really wont' know till you see a doctor. At that point in my pregnancy it was hard for me to have sex, because when you orgasm your uterus contracts, and it got really uncomfortable for me. It felt like I had one of those seedless watermelons inside my belly, lol. 

The top of my belly, near my ribs, would alternate between being totally numb and that burning feeling you get when something is only partially numb. I had shooting, sharp pains "down there", so bad that sometimes I couldn't walk and I'd have to stop and just stand there for a few seconds till they went away. 

It's really common for women to get bad sciatica while pregnant too. Basically the sciatic nerve gets all pinched up and it causes bad back and hip pain. That could be a bit of what you're experiencing with your hip. 

AudrasMommy
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 6:05 PM

The hard swelling may be contractions.  I get contractions like that..They sometimes happen all over my abdomen or sometimes just where they little man is sitting...It could aslo just be baby's movement.  Sex is painful for me during pregnancy.  I'm always hurting during and after.  Mood swings are very normal.  I get them all the time too! lol  My husband doesn't know what to think of me at this point!  I'd talk to your dr. tho just to make sure everything is ok.  Better safe than sorry but it all sounds really normal to me.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)