Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Ipod Touch mamas...

Posted by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 8:25 AM
  • 7 Replies

I used to be able to be able to get online ANYTIME I wanted to, but recently i've been locked out of my account and it says I must put in a password.. I don't remember ever making a password!! Does anyone have ANY clue what I should do to unlock my account or a number I can call for help?? Also, it would normally automatically shut down on it's own, but it doesn't anymore so it's always losing charge!!!! Can anyone PLEASE help me???

by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 8:25 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
momofSkyeNShy
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 8:33 AM
Sounds like u need it to be looked at. Google apple stores and go to the nearest store. That's my best advice. They are really nice there. They help u until u get the answers u need and they don't try to sell u stuff when ur just into have things looked at. Hubby and I have iPhones. Anytime some thing is wrong he calls AT&T and if they can't fix it over the phone he says we have to go to the apple store which is like an he away but well worth the trip cuz it's fixed in no time. However go to the apple website first and see if u can find a number.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jackieibird
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 8:39 AM

Apple has horrible customer service, so I hope you are able to get your answers quickly without having to email them and wait 24 hours for a response.  My son's itunes got hacked, and the person drained our bank account.  Apple could have cared less.  So because they don't care about us, we don't care about them.  We cancelled the itunes account (which we will never use again on principle alone), and cancelled the two iphones we had.  It may not hurt them financially, but I won't be treated like that.

Anyways, I hope you have better luck and are able to unlock your itouch.

kaylasmom22
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 8:43 AM

Quoting jackieibird:

Apple has horrible customer service, so I hope you are able to get your answers quickly without having to email them and wait 24 hours for a response.  My son's itunes got hacked, and the person drained our bank account.  Apple could have cared less.  So because they don't care about us, we don't care about them.  We cancelled the itunes account (which we will never use again on principle alone), and cancelled the two iphones we had.  It may not hurt them financially, but I won't be treated like that.

Anyways, I hope you have better luck and are able to unlock your itouch.

Why would they take money out of you bank? I added my card # and then deleted it. If u are going to buy something use the card and then delete the account. I just got mine and the customer service was really good helping me. Op the best thing to do is either call them or go to the apple store.

jackieibird
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 9:03 AM

Apple did not, some idiot from China hacked my son's account, which had our cc # stored on it (we did not know).  In a matter of 5 minutes, my account went from a couple of thousand down to $40 bucks. He had the itunes account set up for his iphone (which to update even the free apps, you have to have a credit card on file). This is an ongoing issue with Apple, and they are VERY aware of it.  Pages upon pages on a google search will reveal exactly what I am saying. The only customer service they have for itunes is email, so they won't even talk to you about it over the phone! GRRR!

With that, I chose to never use itunes or any apple product again.

kaylasmom22
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 9:29 AM

Quoting jackieibird:

Apple did not, some idiot from China hacked my son's account, which had our cc # stored on it (we did not know).  In a matter of 5 minutes, my account went from a couple of thousand down to $40 bucks. He had the itunes account set up for his iphone (which to update even the free apps, you have to have a credit card on file). This is an ongoing issue with Apple, and they are VERY aware of it.  Pages upon pages on a google search will reveal exactly what I am saying. The only customer service they have for itunes is email, so they won't even talk to you about it over the phone! GRRR!

That sucks, the girl at the Apple store told me enter your card but if you want delete later on. that is exactly what I did lol.

dosthepost
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 10:28 AM

Quoting jackieibird:

You made me delete my cc from my account, LOL. thanks, though really... I didn't want that to happen to me.

BaileynMe
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 10:33 AM

You can set up an appointment with your local Apple store's Genius Bar (it doesn't cost anything to have them at least LOOK at the item; I've done it with my computer) through the store's site (you should be able to locate it through the main Apple site.) They can at least try to diagnose the problem, and if you've had it under a year it should still be under warranty even if you didn't buy AppleCare for it. We're probably getting our AppleTV replaced because recently it's not streaming video. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)