Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Family Dollar?

Posted by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 11:25 AM
  • 9 Replies

Has anyone bough bookbags there? I need to get my DD a small one for school on Monday and I have no money to buy a expensive one.

by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 11:25 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
KaseyHickman
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 11:33 AM

No I havent but my grandmother shops there all the time and she loves all of their stuff! I would just buy one from there anyways.

lind.shep
by Lindsey on Jun. 26, 2010 at 12:34 PM
I ♥ family dollar. I got dd a little bikini from there for $6. Was the cutest one I had seen anywhere and has held up quite nicely.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
dosthepost
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 12:45 PM

Go ahead and buy one! The worst that happens is it falls apart and you have to buy another later when you do have money :)

AuntieV
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 12:56 PM

Just an idea here:

Contact the school to see if they have any assistance programs for parents that can not afford school supplies. Many school district web sites have information about assistance.

jessicasmom1
by Silver Member on Jun. 26, 2010 at 1:01 PM

we buy them just for tote bags when DD goes to friends, or grandparents seems to hold up good cause when she does not go .. she has her toys stuffed in them

cjsix
by Bronze Member on Jun. 26, 2010 at 1:05 PM

You could always hit soem yardsales this weekend...they could be a great and inexpensive source of backpacks and many other things.backpack

masastan
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 1:10 PM

I would go ahead and get one from there if you have to, but to be honest, Wal-Mart may be a better place to look. Family Dollar and Dollar General Stores aren't any better priced than Wal-mart. My kids go through so many book bags in a year, I now have specific things I look for when purchasing them. This past school year, they all only went through one bag each instead of three each! With four kids, that is a lot! I spent about $20 on each bag and it was well worth it! But for a small child, it really doesn't matter. They don't have as much wear and tear on them, no heavy books, etc.

mommawombat
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 1:11 PM

I buy my girl's clothes there. They actually have last longer then Walmart

momofboys21
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 1:40 PM

look at ross

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)