Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Kids room help please

Posted by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 12:32 PM
  • 18 Replies

Poll

Question: Read the post and then vote :)

Options:

Make the 2 younger share a room and give the older 2 their own room

Make the 2 girls share a room and give the 3 and 11 yr old their own room

make the basement our room and give all the kids their own room?

other ideas welcomed

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 25

View Results

Ok we moved into a 4 bedroom house and it also has a finished basement w/ a bathroom that can be turned into a bedroom. This house is a temporary one that we plan on moving out of by Jan.  We have 4 kids and 1 on the way. The baby is going to be in the room with us until we move. My question is how should i split up the kids or should my husband and i make the basement our room? The kids are 2,3,9 and 11. Should we put the 2 and 3 yr old in one room and let the older 2 have their own room and make the basement the play room?

by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 12:32 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
AM-BRAT
by Amber on Jun. 26, 2010 at 12:35 PM

That's tough because I would assume the basement is the biggest, therefore would make the best master, but I wouldn't wanna be on a different level than my kids...

What is their room situation now? If there are already sets living together, do that.

AM-BRAT
by Amber on Jun. 26, 2010 at 12:36 PM

Thinking more, I like the 2 younger together, 2 older together, and basement playroom. That's my vote.

Esmesmomma2008
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 12:37 PM

BUMP!

Esmesmomma2008
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 12:38 PM

right now we are all pilled in the basement until we get all the rooms arranged. we just finally moved here 3 days ago LOL before that all the kids were in one room

Quoting AM-BRAT:

That's tough because I would assume the basement is the biggest, therefore would make the best master, but I wouldn't wanna be on a different level than my kids...

What is their room situation now? If there are already sets living together, do that.

Do you like my siggy? Add Signature Obsession and tell them Esmesmomma2008 sent you

Esmesmomma2008
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 12:42 PM

we have 4 rooms so if we put the younger 2 together the older 2 can have their own . we don't want the older 2 to share rooms

Quoting AM-BRAT:

Thinking more, I like the 2 younger together, 2 older together, and basement playroom. That's my vote.

Do you like my siggy? Add Signature Obsession and tell them Esmesmomma2008 sent you

AuntieV
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 12:44 PM

I would do a girl's room, a boy's room, master and use the 4th bedroom for a rotating room. ( each week a different kid gets to sleep in the rotating room. This way on any given week two kids have a room of their own and only two are sharing.) The basement would be a play room with rules about sharing space.

If the kids have a sleep over it would need to be on their week in the rotating room.

okhsmom
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 12:44 PM

ages of boys and girls? 

Esmesmomma2008
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 12:48 PM

the girls are 2 and 9 and the boys are 3 and 11

Quoting okhsmom:

ages of boys and girls? 

Mommyof2boys38
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 12:52 PM

I think the basement should be your room... Just because i dont know how it is in your state but in mine after a child turns 2 they cant share a room with the opposite sex child. and im all for kids having their own room for privacy

AuntieV
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 1:13 PM

Quoting Esmesmomma2008:

the girls are 2 and 9 and the boys are 3 and 11

Quoting okhsmom:

ages of boys and girls? 

With their ages I would put the two little ones together. The older ones each have a room and the 4th room would be for you and DH. I would still use the basement for play room.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)