Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How did we EVER do this the first time around???

Posted by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 1:14 PM
  • 8 Replies

With my DD we had NOTHING. We had to buy or be given (at the shower) everything we needed for her... down to fabric softener, b/c I don't usually use fabric softener. But I was never stressed... somehow it seemed to keep working in our favor. Maybe it was just me being caught up in it so much that I didn't have time to worry, but seriously, I'm going NUTS now!!!

We don't have that much to buy, and I'm FREAKING OUT. I have to buy the replacement kit for my SIL's medela breast pump, $40. Other breast feeding essentials... I'm not sure how much that will run (nursing bras, nursing pads, lanolin oil, breast milk storage bags, etc.). A boys bouncy seat, b/c DD's was pink, the one I want is about $30. We have our shower coming up, and I'm sure we'll get quite a few of these things and others I haven't thought of... I have picked out an infant carrier, it's about $130. Like I said, not much, but when I think about it I don't understand how we ever got everything the first time around. 

by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 1:14 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
mommawombat
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 1:21 PM

your nesting has kicked in.

What's wrong is using a pink bouncy with a boy? 

My hubby brought one of those swings that is a swing, bouncer and seat all in one. I love it less crap to trip over with two other kids running around

dosthepost
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 1:25 PM

Haha, my husband has asked for very few things when it came to this baby... he wants the baby to be circumsized, and he doesn't want his boy in a pink bouncy seat. PLUS, our 2 year old still plays with it (with her dolls, or she'll pull it in front of the TV if I'm cleaning and can't keep her occupied). I am happy to oblige... 

We have a swing already. We have most of the big things... thank GOD. If I had to worry about all of them, I'd really be in a pickle.

Quoting mommawombat:

your nesting has kicked in.

What's wrong is using a pink bouncy with a boy? 

My hubby brought one of those swings that is a swing, bouncer and seat all in one. I love it less crap to trip over with two other kids running around

mommawombat
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 1:27 PM

they say we are picky.

How about a second hand baby store?

momofboys21
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 1:28 PM

well think about it did you have to pay rent and other bills back then? Add those and fact that you another child to buy things for

dosthepost
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 1:29 PM

Nah, we have the money. The last thing on the list is the car seat, b/c we HAVE one, I just like buying car seats, LOL. I really prefer to buy new. I'm not snobby, just picky. LOL. It feels like this never ending list (and it is). 

OH and I'm also having to get my cloth diaper supply started. Oh yes... these 9 weeks are going to be fun for DH. He's going to be reigning me in from at least a couple of emotional break downs, I'm sure.

Quoting mommawombat:

they say we are picky.

How about a second hand baby store?

dosthepost
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 1:31 PM

Yep, we did. Not as much rent, but we also made less... it worked out about the same. But of course, everyone jumps to buy the first baby stuff... the second gets the cute little things, but everyone just assumes that you have the big stuff the second time around (and luckily, for the most part, we do).

Quoting momofboys21:

well think about it did you have to pay rent and other bills back then? Add those and fact that you another child to buy things for

momofboys21
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 1:38 PM

I know where I live you can get car seats for free as long as you sign for and take a class, I took one class at a pregnancy center and the other at a hospital, they didn't ask us about income but they want the baby to be at least 5lbs i think.

Quoting dosthepost:

Yep, we did. Not as much rent, but we also made less... it worked out about the same. But of course, everyone jumps to buy the first baby stuff... the second gets the cute little things, but everyone just assumes that you have the big stuff the second time around (and luckily, for the most part, we do).

Quoting momofboys21:

dosthepost
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 1:45 PM

I doubt it would be the one I want :) We have one that is safe. Like I said, I just like buying car seats. My DD is 2, and she's been through 5 so far.

Quoting momofboys21:

I know where I live you can get car seats for free as long as you sign for and take a class, I took one class at a pregnancy center and the other at a hospital, they didn't ask us about income but they want the baby to be at least 5lbs i think.

Quoting dosthepost:

Quoting momofboys21:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)