Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Seeking Creative mama's out there

Posted by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 2:35 PM
  • 18 Replies

I have a 3 year old girl who loves to do arts and crafts.   We make beaded bracelets, play with playdoe, color etc.

I'm looking for any new ideas(I'm not the most creative).  Maybe a desert project..or a outdoor project?  anything fun that you have done with your kids and would like share ( :

by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 2:35 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
PeaceMuch
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 2:44 PM

What about pudding paint outside? She can paint on herself or paper and eat it! lol I am not all that creative either. :S Did you try googling it?

BaileynMe
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 2:59 PM

How about a cooking project? You could make biscuit pizzas. Get a can of the buttermilk biscuits, a jar of pizza sauce, and whatever toppings you want (I usually just do cheese.) Flatten and stretch the individual biscuits (you should be able to get 6 on a cookie sheet) add the sauce and toppings, then cook according to the package directions for the biscuits. Voila! She can definitely help you flatten the dough, put the sauce on (put some in a bowl and give her a spoon to help ladle it on and spread it around) and sprinkle toppings! You could even make fun shapes and faces. 

hoping4number3
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 3:34 PM

i made pretzels the other day...the girls LOVED rolling them out and making neat shapes :)

Kaydence2010
by Bronze Member on Jun. 26, 2010 at 3:35 PM
Paint flower pots then plant a flower and have her water it and watch it grow
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
BaileynMe
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 3:59 PM

Quoting Kaydence2010:

Paint flower pots then plant a flower and have her water it and watch it grow

This is a good idea! 

Make sure you find a plant that's pretty hardy though... some can be so finicky! You could try planting violets in your yard... they'll spread and come back year after year. You could do veggie plants too so that she can eat what she's grown! 

Take her out and color with chalk. Walmart sells a Crayola box of 52 pieces (there's at least two of every color, no more than three of a color tho so quite a wide color variety) and it's only 4.50. 

You could make fingerpaint keepsakes for family members. Put down an old blanket, squirt some colors into an old cookie sheet or on styrofoam plates (we use a cookie sheet because I use the Crayola finger paints and it washes off easily) then make sure to get hand and foot prints all over a large sheet of paper (I have a large sketch pad I tear pieces from, since the paper is big and thick.) Then you can "laminate" it with clear contact paper (found in the housewares department with the shelf liners) and voila! Christmas presents for grandparents! 

Join us onAdvice for Moms - - Group Mod

Eva0512
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 3:59 PM

Thank you we are going  to try the biscuit pizza's, the pretzels and the flower pot.  Peace much... I don't know about the pudding lol, but thank you for the idea!!

athenax3
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 4:02 PM

clear contact paper- two peices cut to about 9 x 13- go for a walk and c ollect leaves, flowers, sand, anything you can flatten- you can also add glitter, stickers, pics cut from magazines- put these things in between to two pieces of clear contact paper, sticky side to sticky side with all your stuff in between- viola! placemats-

athenax3
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 4:04 PM

also, involving sticky contact paper- cut a large piece and hang with tape, sticky side out on the wall at her eye level- give her feathers, googly eyes, buttons, stickers, pretty much anything that will stick to the contact paper, and let her go. My little one really enjoyed this.

athenax3
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 4:07 PM

another good one for this age is decoupage- help her cut out a bunch of pics from magazines- glue them onto a shoe box, cigar box, picture frame, anything you like really- and then paint over with a glaze- it dries clear, though it looks white when you put it on. The kids have made centerpieces for holidays with this method, we made decoupage pumpkins for fall, and even added butterflies from the craft store. They are thrilled to put them on the table with their placemats.

The beauty of this project is there's no wrong way- they always come out beautiful!

athenax3
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 4:08 PM

Show her how to make "colored" carnations- buy white carnations, cut them at an angle, place the cut stem in a glass of water with food coloring, in a few days, the colors work their way up to the leaves and the flowers change color.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)