Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

are you clingy? (SAHM's especially!) UPDATE..I made a group lol

Posted by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 3:30 PM
  • 21 Replies

ok, so I know I'm clingy (boooo lol) and I really don't want to be, but I need some ideas what you mommas do to GET OUT, and not count the minutes til your hubby gets home! haha

Here's my situation...I am totally in love with my man (7 yrs married tomorrow!), we have 4 kids, and due to us getting out of debt, we have been running on 1 car for 3 yrs (which means, I have no car during the day while he is at work). SO  by the time he gets home from work, I'm DYING for an adult conversation..but he's not ready to talk, wants to play video games. I feel like I really need to give him space, but at hte same time I don't know what to do with myself. I COULD go out when he gets home, and he has said he'd gladly watch the kids, but I just am usually too tired to go anywhere, plus I have to be back to feed the baby at 8 anyway, and we are broke, so what am I going to do and not spend money? I don't really have any girlfriends locally.

SO how do you mommas spend time when DH wants to do his own thing? and man...am I REALLY this pathetic!? lol before kids, I was acctually TOOO busy for DH lol and now, man. this is getting sad!

OK, check it out! :)

http://www.cafemom.com/group/90929/

Lilypie Breastfeeding tickers

Come visit my database I have collected of KILLER deals and Free samples! http://dealspl.us/user/mkaaaaw

by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 3:30 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Mom2be88
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 3:33 PM

If you are really worried about it watch him play his game then talk when he wants to.....my DH loves his game to. But when he gets home i lock myself in the room and read so i have some me time.....i love my 1 year old but he drives me crazy..lol

imthemrs
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 3:35 PM

When DH gets home from work i give him 20 mins to shower, change, unwind, then he takes over and it's all on me to do whatever I want to do with myself.  Long relaxing bubble bath, read in our room with the door shut, do some studying/schoolwork if I have any, work on making some more hair bows for DD, whatever.  If you're just dying to get out of the house, go to a park, or the library, or just walk around the mall for a little while.  It doesn't really matter what I'm doing, just having that time to myself helps me destress and recoup.

dosthepost

I'm clingy... but so is he. I still get nights out occasionally, and he plays golf on some of his days off, but most of the time we feel like he works so much that we barely have time to be a family... so when we do have time, we try to all be home.

mgnlee6

I thought i was the only one like this :-)

I really have no advice on what to do. Im sorry good luck.

*~* Megan *~*

in loveMegan & Patrick (12/23/2003)breastfeeding(Nathan 05/09/2009)

hoping4number3
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 3:36 PM

yea, I usually play the game with him. He enjoys it...but it's not really fun for me.

why can't guys just WANT to cuddle all evening withOUT the intention of sex HAHA

Quoting Mom2be88:

If you are really worried about it watch him play his game then talk when he wants to.....my DH loves his game to. But when he gets home i lock myself in the room and read so i have some me time.....i love my 1 year old but he drives me crazy..lol

Come visit my database I have collected of KILLER deals and Free samples! http://dealspl.us/user/mkaaaaw

abcxyz
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 3:37 PM

I usually just go on cafemom, lol

I'm a sahm too and we also only have the 1 vehicle. I'm stuck at home alot and have no family or friends in "real life". Just my internet world.

My dh likes his space too when he gets home. I just let him do his thing while I'm busy with the kids & house. When I want an outlet I get online.

I could use a friend. :-) Send me a message if you want. :-)

hoping4number3
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 3:37 PM

haha oh goooood, so I'M not the only one either!? lol so there are 2 pathetic wives in this world LOL maybe you and i will start a weekly online chat for clinginess HAHA

Quoting mgnlee6:

I thought i was the only one like this :-)

I really have no advice on what to do. Im sorry good luck.

hoping4number3
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 3:38 PM

does it not bother you though? like..do you feel like  you have spent your whole day watching the kids, and now you want HIM time?

Quoting abcxyz:

I usually just go on cafemom, lol

I'm a sahm too and we also only have the 1 vehicle. I'm stuck at home alot and have no family or friends in "real life". Just my internet world.

My dh likes his space too when he gets home. I just let him do his thing while I'm busy with the kids & house. When I want an outlet I get online.

I could use a friend. :-) Send me a message if you want. :-)

cmtjenn
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 3:41 PM

I joined a local playgroup so my ds can play with kids his own age and i can talk with other moms.  the playgroup i joined in right in my town and we meet up at parks, the beach and also thereis a ca mission in our town too.  you could always find a play group that meets at a park with in walking distance from your home.  load up the little one in a stroller and the older ones can walk close by.  I fount my group at meetup.com ypou should try it.  and if there arent any local grups for you to join just take them to a park and you may meet other parents that a regulars there too.  good luck momma i know how it can feel not having adult conversations.

hoping4number3
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 3:43 PM

i'll look it up! although we are "out in the boonies" so no walking distance anything around here lol but there might be something to do on a weekend maybe!

Quoting cmtjenn:

I joined a local playgroup so my ds can play with kids his own age and i can talk with other moms.  the playgroup i joined in right in my town and we meet up at parks, the beach and also thereis a ca mission in our town too.  you could always find a play group that meets at a park with in walking distance from your home.  load up the little one in a stroller and the older ones can walk close by.  I fount my group at meetup.com ypou should try it.  and if there arent any local grups for you to join just take them to a park and you may meet other parents that a regulars there too.  good luck momma i know how it can feel not having adult conversations.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)