Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Temp?

Posted by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 4:04 PM
  • 4 Replies

So Taegan [11 1/2 months old] had a mild cold last week, super low fever if any and a stuffed nose. That was a week ago and he has since gotten much better, now he only has a slight stuffy nose and its gotten really thick but its still clear so I'm thinking its just the usual cold type thing. He also has had molars coming in for a little while. Anyways so he has been acting normal but because of the stuffed nose I thought what the heck and took his temp this morning before his nap, and it was 100.3, then after his nap it was 99.1, then a couple hours later back up to 100.1. I am thinking maybe just from his molars? He doesn't feel warm, he is acting fine, he is actually eating more then normal which makes me think maybe a growth spurt. He is teething for sure, tons of drool, not really fussy but he isn't usually get to bad when his teeth are coming in. I would think if it was a sinus or ear infection from the cold the temp would be higher and he would be fussier then normal? I think I'm going to just keep an eye on him and see what happens, especially since the fever went away and hasn't really gotten high at all, its barely a fever. Any thoughts?

I'm a baby wearing, non-circumcising, select and spread out vaccinating, co-sleeping, homeschooling, extended breastfeeding, baby signing, homemade baby food making, cloth diapering, story reading, play encouraging, comfort nursing, non-cio, positive reinforcement giving, extended rear facing, first time mommy to Taegan Illiam Grey, born July 10 2009.

by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 4:04 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
kirstn007
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 4:09 PM

my son has gotten colds then it seems like he doesnt recover, like a lingering fever and him just not 100 percent, i take him to the dr and he has an ear infection or respiratory infection. so if he just isnt getting all better, take him in just to be checked u know?

BaileynMe
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 4:14 PM

It's such a low fever that even if he wasn't teething (which you say he obviously is) I wouldn't be worried, though yes, I'd keep an eye on it. I'm with you on thinking it's from the teething; DD always ran a low grade fever when teething. 

bamababe1975
by Gold Member on Jun. 26, 2010 at 5:51 PM

I'd watch him and if his temp spikes or he doesn't improve, take him in.

Mom2Jade08
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 5:56 PM

Its sounds like he has a little cold...My little one has a low grade fever too so  I am alternating Tylenol with Motrin...

If fever continues or increases take him to doc...

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)