Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

so upset and kind of annoyed

Posted by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 4:11 PM
  • 11 Replies

so, there was a birthday party my DD was invited too...we were both looking forward to going; Me to get to know the mom better, and DD cause she was friends with the little girl

the mom doesnt 'do' invitations....so i wrote down the date/time/location....and left it in my car(DOH!)

this morning as we were getting breakfast/dressed, etc....DH asks me if the party was at 10 or 1030...i said 1030...so we GET there at 1030...and there is NO one there

we drive around the park a little bit just to make sure, even go to the other park just to make sure...i dig around my car a bit and find out the party was at 10!!! OMG! i am KICKING myself in the arse!

im thinking maybe no one showed up(how sad!) and call around trying to get momma's phone number to see whats up....

turns out i was right...NO ONE showed up for this poor kids birthday party....and *I* was the ONLY one who called about it

wtf kind of bullshit is that? id be so upset...and i know my DD would be as well...i asked how the little girl took it, and said i was SO SO SO SO SO sorrie i messed up the time...i asked if they wanted us to come by to bring the gift, or wait till sunday..they said she was doing "fine!' like even they were a little surprised

turns out they are going to bring her to this jump house place at 430...so we are going to meet them there and have a mini party with just us

i feel SO bad for this mom and her daughter...she is fairly new to our church, but has been involved in it from the get go...i thought for sure there'd be a TON of people there...i understand it is summer, but DAMN, how rude to not even call or let them know you wont be there

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 4:11 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
PeaceMuch
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 4:15 PM

Yeah, that is pretty rude.. :(

raleighmom
by Bronze Member on Jun. 26, 2010 at 4:21 PM

that's terrible!

BaileynMe
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 4:24 PM

That poor mama. That really is sad. 

Maybe next time, though, she'll "do" invitations. It would make it a lot easier on the families she wants to invite. She wouldn't even have to mail them, just pass them out by hand at church/work/school. 

Audreesmommy757
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 4:25 PM
i would have been devestated
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
comptonkids
by Gold Member on Jun. 26, 2010 at 4:29 PM

Quoting BaileynMe:

That poor mama. That really is sad. 

Maybe next time, though, she'll "do" invitations. It would make it a lot easier on the families she wants to invite. She wouldn't even have to mail them, just pass them out by hand at church/work/school. 

part of me wonders if thats a reason many people didnt show...cause with an invite, you can put it on your fridge, KWIM?

either way, it sucks....and i just wonder how people could do that to a little girl

i know if no one had showed at MY DDs party, she would have been devastated..but i go all out for birthdays....i mean, there is a homemade cake, decorations, i take her picture and talk about it for weeks beforehand....so if no one showed..i dont know WHAT i would do for her

i dont know how they 'do' birthdays for her family...but i cant imagine the little girl being 'okai' (unless they really just DONT talk it up)

dosthepost
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 4:30 PM

That's why it's nice to send out invites.... 

bleumonster
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 4:40 PM

Our neighbor who had a boy who was turning 12 had a similar thing happen. Everyone else said they couldn't come. His party started at 5 pm on a Saturday afternoon so no wonder LOL. My son wanted to go so bad but we had plans at 6 pm and had to leave by 5:40 at the latest. The mother said he couldn't stay until we got back as it wouldn't be until 8:30 pm. So he was the only nonfamily guest and only got to stay 40 minutes.  I had gotten the date wrong too because the mother didn't give us an invitation either and didn't realize until the night before so we didn't have a card or a gift for him. I fished out a $5 bill and my son sealed it in an envelope LOL. I felt bad but what can you do.  At least most of those did tell him they wouldn't be able to come.

Maybe if the mom had "done" invitations then more people would have come.

elleinad
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 5:39 PM

Maybe now she'll learn to "DO" invitations.

kirstn007
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 5:46 PM

thats terrible but people are like that its sad

MommySwiggles
by Bronze Member on Jun. 26, 2010 at 5:47 PM

That sucks, but maybe she should have sent out invitations....

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)