• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

DSI question?

Posted by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 4:19 PM
  • 4 Replies

My dd woke up today and her Nintendo dsi is saying there is no game card in it when there is one. I have tryed different games but the all say no card in slot.  Has the happen to anyone? Do you know what I can do to fix this?

by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 4:19 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
bleumonster
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 4:52 PM

Go to nintendo.com or call the hotline number listed in the booklet. Did you buy the extended warranty with it?

comptonkids
by Gold Member on Jun. 26, 2010 at 5:04 PM

i have a DS, and it can play both DS games and the old nintendo games...the only time it ever said 'no card in slot' was when i had it to play a reg nintendo game and was trying to play the DS game(or vice versa)

so i guess check that its set for the right type of game?

Lb128f
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 5:21 PM

http://www.nintendo.com/consumer/systems/dsi/en_na/trouble_messages.jsp

"There is nothing inserted in the Game Card slot"
Make sure that you have a Nintendo DS Game Card properly inserted into the Game Card slot of the system (how to). If you have made sure the game is being inserted properly but are still getting this message, then your system will need to be repaired. Please click here for repair options.

Important Note: If you only have one game that is experiencing this issue, it is likely a problem with the Game Card and not the system. Please click here for individual Game Card repair and replacement information.

bamababe1975
by Gold Member on Jun. 26, 2010 at 5:52 PM

I have a DS, not a DSi, but for mine, if it does that repeatedly, removing the card and shutting the system off for a few minutes, then reinserting the card and turning it back on usually does the trick - like a reboot does for a PC. If thad doesn't help, then I'd call Nintendo, or the place you got it from.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)