Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Full Moon to induce labor... [piog]

Posted by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 5:22 PM
  • 27 Replies

http://ezinearticles.com/?The-Moons-Effect-on-Natural-Childbirth&id=70253

There is supposed to be a full moon tonight! I'm hoping its gravitational pull will help me along!! :)
Did anyone else deliver on a full moon that you know of?
If so, did your water break like the article says or was it just the contractions that sent you in? I would love to hear about it!! :)

by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 5:22 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
dosthepost
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 5:25 PM

I'm actually afraid I'll go into labor! I'm only 31 weeks!!!!

Mrs.Loeffel
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 5:26 PM

oh no!! Lets hope not!! I'm 39 weeks and 1 day so i think I'm ready lol

Quoting dosthepost:

dosthepost
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 5:28 PM

I'm tossing all of my labor vibes your way. None for me, all for you.

Quoting Mrs.Loeffel:

oh no!! Lets hope not!! I'm 39 weeks and 1 day so i think I'm ready lol

Quoting dosthepost:

momofboys21
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 5:31 PM

if want to go into labor you should have sex or exercise

mgnlee6
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 5:35 PM

You know ive never heard of this but had to check. My son was born 5/9/09. Last year on that date was a full moon. The full moon actually accured within like 15 minutes of my water breaking. I thought that was pretty crazy. Sorry had to share.

*~* Megan *~*

in loveMegan & Patrick (12/23/2003)breastfeeding(Nathan 05/09/2009)

AirForceWife85
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 6:06 PM

in 2007 i was actually suppose to be induced w/ my daughter on a thursday morning.  the night before i went to the dr. and i was a week and half overdue and no sign of labor progressing on my own.  i asked him if i could hold off another week on the induction because i was scared of being induced and was praying she would come on her own!  so he told me i can wait over the weekend but after that it would be too risky to keep waiting. so i went home that night and my dad told me it was suppose to be a full moon and i didnt understand what he was getting at!  that night i started having contractions and bleeding and had my baby the next day(the day i was originally scheduled to be induced!) i cant say for sure if it was the gravitational pull or just the fact that the baby was done baking and ready to make her entrance-

im 33 weeks right now so i hope i dont go into labor- its too soon!! 

rash232
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 6:11 PM
I have some relatives that are EMTs. They have told me that there are more births around the full moons.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
xxlilmomma09
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 6:32 PM

I honestly don't believe in any of the old wives tales.. such as this one.. Your body will go into labor whenever.. Nothing really effects that in my opinion..

dosthepost
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 6:34 PM

It's actually a matter of science and nature... not an old wives tale :) My friend is an OB nurse, and they actually staff more on full moons b/c it NEVER fails, EVERY single room has someone in it at all times on full moon nights.

Quoting xxlilmomma09:

I honestly don't believe in any of the old wives tales.. such as this one.. Your body will go into labor whenever.. Nothing really effects that in my opinion..

Mrs.Loeffel
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 6:58 PM

if you read the article, its actually factual. Just like the tide...

Quoting xxlilmomma09:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)