Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Diet pills/supplements?

Posted by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 6:03 PM
  • 12 Replies
I need something to help me lose weight. I have a two year old but I rarely get out of the house. I just had another baby 5weeks ago. I hardly gained any weight with this pregnancy but I never lost any from my previous pregnancy. I need something that will help me lose 70 lbs. I'm trying to eat healthier and soon I'm hoping to have a treadmill to help with exercising. I need to know what's worked for other moms and what's safe and so on. TIA!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 6:03 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
momofboys21
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 6:12 PM

when people lose a lot of weight at once they are more likely to gain it back once stop doing whatever they used to lose the weight. I think what you are doing now is best. I know I lost a good amount of weight by making water my only drink, don't do alli dh tried that and he was in the bathroom all the time, lifting weights will help because the more muscle you have the more calories you burn even when your not doing anything.

Mom2Jade08
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 6:15 PM

When I delivered my little one I started on weight watchers and 30 minutes of exercise I lost 30 out the 40 lbs I had gained during pregnancy within 2 weeks... The last 10 lbs were the hardest... I lost those pounds counting calories and 60 minutes of exercise... Try to eat as healthy as possible and drink lots of water...

Tiger420
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 6:17 PM
Well right now I'm really unhealthy because of my weight. It's been making my asthma worse and my back has been so bad. It was like this before my pregnancy so I know it's because of all the weight I've gained. After I lose some and I start feeling better I'm planning on being more active. It's just hard when you can't move or breathe very well.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Tiger420
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 6:19 PM
Also I should mention I do not eat meat. I'm also very picky about veggies.

Quoting Tiger420:

I need something to help me lose weight. I have a two year old but I rarely get out of the house. I just had another baby 5weeks ago. I hardly gained any weight with this pregnancy but I never lost any from my previous pregnancy. I need something that will help me lose 70 lbs. I'm trying to eat healthier and soon I'm hoping to have a treadmill to help with exercising. I need to know what's worked for other moms and what's safe and so on. TIA!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
robsgurl_23
by Bronze Member on Jun. 26, 2010 at 6:20 PM
Just keep eating healthy and exercise when you can. Don't take any diet pills cause they only work while you take them but once you stop taking them you will gain the weight back sometimes more.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
momofboys21
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 6:23 PM

i watch or look at the people on the biggest loser, when i see these people it inspires me to get moving cause if an almost 600 lb man can lose weight and then walk over 25 miles i feel like have no excuse, on webmd's website there is a biggest loser diet

mommasbabies77
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 6:29 PM
Quoting robsgurl_23:

Just keep eating healthy and exercise when you can. Don't take any diet pills cause they only work while you take them but once you stop taking them you will gain the weight back sometimes more.

This! Not to mention they are basically caffeine no matter what kind you use.

With the exception allie(sp) and some doctors prescription.

UxorQuodMatris
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 6:29 PM

They're good for an energy boost, but not much else.

Research foods that are good for you and filling.

Drink a lot of water as well. Watch your carbs, choose the good over the refined and over processed.

Iluvmybabies644
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 6:40 PM

I had a friend who wanted to loose weight and she told me that she started to eat like 6 small meals a day instead of 3 big meals a day. She explained that doing this boosts up her motabilism and makes it burn more calories. This worked pretty good for her maybe it will work for you:)

Tiger420
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 9:11 PM
My problem with dieting is that I'm such a picky eater. I don't eat meat. The only veggies I really eat are broccoli, lettuce, cucumbers, carrots, peas, corn. There may be a few I didn't think of. I'm also a big junk food eater. Pretty much all the foods that anyone buys is junk. Also DH is a bigger junk food eater than me. I just dk how to do this.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)