• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

some help please

Posted by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 7:15 PM
  • 22 Replies

OK my son is 2 moth old and he has been throwing up sense last Sunday. Last Sunday the put him in the hospital because of the throwing up and a high fever, he came home Tuesday. Tuesday and wednesday we had no problems, Thursday comes around and we are throwing up again but no fever. went to the doctor and he said its his acid reflux put him on a different kind of meds. ok so Friday we have no problems at all. today Saturday we are back to throwing up everything again. they said give him pedialyte until he keeps that down. well i am wondering if there is anything i should be asking the doctor on Monday when we go in about this? right now we are not running any fever or anything but i don't know what to do he is upset because he cant keep anything down and i feel so bad for him. he is still having good diapers do i guess he is getting enough to keep him hydrated for now. please help i don't know what else to do..

by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 7:15 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
HeartsLove
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 7:17 PM

It could be reflux and you just need to try different meds til you find the right one. Axid is the only one that worked for my son

Runner87

my cousins baby had that problem too. it turned out his stomache muscle was too big or something along those lines so they had to do a minor surgery and take out some of hte muscle. after he keeps everything down

kleigh24

im sorry mama, I have no advice and I hope the little guy feels better soon

jackiewal10
by Gold Member on Jun. 26, 2010 at 7:18 PM

Aww...poor little guy.  I don't know what to ask or have any suggestions for you, but here's a BUMP.  Maybe someone else has an answer for you.

Rhiannon1980
by Bronze Member on Jun. 26, 2010 at 7:19 PM

I know that the doc talked about doing and uper GI on him should i ask them to go ahead and do it?

HeartsLove
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 7:25 PM

My brother had that, the muscle at the top of his stomach wouldn't close so everything was free to come back up

Quoting Runner87:

my cousins baby had that problem too. it turned out his stomache muscle was too big or something along those lines so they had to do a minor surgery and take out some of hte muscle. after he keeps everything down

Rhiannon1980
by Bronze Member on Jun. 26, 2010 at 7:27 PM

I just feel so bad for him

turtle68
by Member on Jun. 26, 2010 at 7:31 PM

when kids have stomach issues...gastro etc.  The stomach lining gets fragile....try keeping him off any diary for a couple of weeks.  Dairy can keep the vomiting happening.

Good luck

Rhiannon1980
by Bronze Member on Jun. 26, 2010 at 7:32 PM

Thanks for thinking of the dairy but he doesn't get any because it makes him sick but it was a good though. I appreciate it :) 

Quoting turtle68:

when kids have stomach issues...gastro etc.  The stomach lining gets fragile....try keeping him off any diary for a couple of weeks.  Dairy can keep the vomiting happening.

Good luck

2callmemom09
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 7:34 PM
Same with my oldest nephew, but I think the muscle was to small. Crap, I don't remember... It was 12 yrs ago.

Quoting Runner87:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)