Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Fever?

Posted by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 7:51 PM
  • 7 Replies

Yesterday my son came down with a fever of 102.  I wouldn't have even thought he was sick because he is as active as he always is.  It wasn't until he bumped into me and I felt how hot he was that I knew something was going on.  Well he still has a fever today and is still as active as normal, and he is always REALLY active.  I can't barely keep up with him most days.  LOL!  Anyways, I asked if he was hurting anywhere and he said no.  What could this be?  I would think if it was his ears then he would be in pain.  No other symptoms, just a fever.  Thanks

by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 7:51 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
BaileynMe
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 8:00 PM

How old is he? Could it be teething? 

I'd just keep an eye on him and see if he starts exhibiting other symptoms. 

JasonsMom2007
by Platinum Member on Jun. 26, 2010 at 8:01 PM

My son was that way with roseolla

SkylursMomma
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 8:02 PM

It could be his ears and he just isnt showing it or telling you....It could also be from teething....just make sure you keep him hydrated and try to get him to eat...if he doesnt want to eat dont worry to much but push the fluids...I took my 20mth in with a fever of 105 and thats all they did...popsicles and fluids and tylenol....***Good Luck Momma*

Rhiannon1980
by Bronze Member on Jun. 26, 2010 at 8:03 PM

When i was a kid i had gotten a lung infection ran a fever but never showed any other signs according to my mom

AidensMommy2007
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 8:06 PM

Fever is good sometimes its the bodys way of fighting off things, if it gets up to or over 103 then you should worry, or if you give him Motrin and it still dont come down. Keep Motrin or Tylenol in his system until the fever goes away. If it gets to 103 or over or he gets other symptoms i would take him to the dr but as long as he is playing fine just keep the fever under control with some medicine and watch him. Make sure you watch for rashes. Some kids run fever when they are hot in the summer time. Keep fluids in him, you get dehydrated fast with a fever.

rriley
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 8:13 PM

Sorry, I forgot to mention that he is 4 years old.  I'll just keep an eye on him for now.  I am pushing liquids but he has never been much of an eater.  I just can't imagine having a fever that high and playing like he is.  Thanks.  If it gets higher or if he starts showing other symptoms I will take him in. 

anikahaynes1
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 8:15 PM

my oldest dd will act the same way, fine as ever, but will get a fever of 105 in the middle of the night, so of course we rush her to the ER and it always ends up being her ears!!! I would really take him to get checked out.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)