Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I need traveling tips and advice!

Posted by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 9:11 PM
  • 5 Replies

I will be traveling in September with a three year old, one year old, and my soon to be son who will then be roughly we'll say almost two months. How am I supposed to travel with these kids! As far as I know I don't have any help yet. My sister-in-law may come down and fly up with me. So if that happens then this will be simple, but if not then uhh...

Can anybody give me advice of what you did. Is there products or gear that make traveling easier. Did you use car seats for the plane seats? I'm planning on holding the baby in my lap, but I still have two toddlers. I saw a device called CARES and that looks great, but car seats are still needed when I get to my destination. I only have two hands so three strollers is impossible. I do have a double stroller, but my son wont ride in it. But even then thats still the same as pushing three strollers. I'm not fond of front body carriers either. I have a trust issue and they aren't very comfortable. But then when I land a car seat is still needed, along with a stroller. I'm so confused! Somebody help!!! Basically I don't want to carry three car seats and two strollers.

by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 9:11 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
Jessy613
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 9:15 PM

I have a 2 yr old DS and traveling with him is awful! All I can suggest to you for the 3 yr old is possibly a portable DVD player and his favorite movies, blanket, and maybe buy him a new toy for the plane, and bring a sippy cup and lots of snacks! For your one year old, not sure if he/she is on a bottle or pacifier but they suggest for landing and taking off to have the baby sucking on something to help with ears popping, and your two month old they say it's best to give them a bottle or let them nurse during take off and landing! good luck to you and hope you have a smoothe flight!

Jill040810
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 9:16 PM

When I travel I take colormagic markers and paper (no mess!) and plenty of snacks- my kids like yogurt raisins, a special treat they don't get everyday.

mrsmizcell
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 9:54 PM

When travelling with my 5 month old and 7 year old i packed games for the 7 year old and a few toys for the baby. The baby slept the whole way because the sound of the jets put him to sleep. My 7 year old played his dsi the whole way. I would book a late flight in hopes that they would sleep on the entire trip. Also, if your 3 year old won't sit in the stroller have you considered something like this?

angelmom224
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 9:59 PM

I think you should take just your double and have your son walk next to you. Then try to put the car seats on the stroller some way. If your going to have the baby sit on your lap then you could check that car seat in with your luggage. The one yr old I say take the car seat. Now with the older one if you think he will sit in the lap belt then you can check his car seat in too. And I know that most airlines will let you take the stroller on the plane load the kids then they will take the stroller and when you land they give it back so you can push the kids off the plane too.

As for items to keep them busty just let them pack a book bag with some fun items that they like. Crayons, coloring books, hot wheels, a mini magna doodle, and any other things that you know your kids like.

LancesMom
by Gold Member on Jun. 26, 2010 at 10:19 PM

I have no ideas for you but wanted to wish you good luck! I hope your SIL can help!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)