• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

HELP! BROKEN LIGHTBULB

Posted by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 11:41 PM
  • 15 Replies

OMG. MY 8 YR OLD SON WAS BOUNCING A BALL THAT I TOLD HIM TO PUT AWAY AND HE BOUNCED IT SO HIGH THAT IT HIT THE CEILING LIGHTBULB AND BROKE IT. I DON'T KNOW HOW TO CHANGE THIS.  I'VE HEARD OF THE POTATO THING BUT I THINK THAT WORKS FOR LAMPS THAT YOU CAN UNPLUG. I CANT UNPLUG THIS AND I DONT HAVE ACCESS TO THE BREAKER BOX TO TURN OUT THE ELECTRICITY FOR THAT SOCKET.

ANY1 KNOW HOW TO GET IT OUT???

Vanessa Dawn

My Home Business Pays

by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 11:41 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
AuntieV
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 11:44 PM

Why do you not have access to the breaker box?

BeccaS28
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 11:47 PM

my so said that you dont have to get to the breaker  box just turn the light switch off. Use a potato and take it out.

Allergic2Stupid
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 11:51 PM

Yup.  Make sure the switch is in the off position and there will be no electricity available.

vanessaali325
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 12:29 AM

Quoting AuntieV:

Why do you not have access to the breaker box?

Well I live in a huge apartment complex and its somewhere in the storage basement which is for the landlord. He keeps it locked too.

Vanessa Dawn

My Home Business Pays

Aamy
by Gold Member on Jun. 27, 2010 at 12:30 AM

Turn off the switch and use a potato. Or use a pair or needle nose pliers. 

vanessaali325
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 12:31 AM

Alright I will try the potato, I am sooo scared!!! I dont even know how I will reach it!

U.S.ArmyWife
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 9:37 AM

cut a potatoe in half, and use it to remove the bulb. what room is it in? do you have a step ladder, or any furniture you can stand on gto reach it?

admckenzie
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 9:43 AM

How did it go? Did you get it out? You should have been fine but your last post was last night!

vanessaali325
by on Jul. 1, 2010 at 12:57 AM

Quoting admckenzie:

How did it go? Did you get it out? You should have been fine but your last post was last night!

LOL, I don't have a potatoe, LOL, I plan on getting it out this weekend when I do groceries, This is funny, I get the couch move it to where the light bulb broke, I grab a big box and put it on the couch, I brace myself to get it out, then I go in the fridge and realize we ran out of potatoes, LOL, I will let you know this weekend! Thank u everyone for your help!

Vanessa Dawn

My Home Business Pays

Brianne036
by on Jul. 1, 2010 at 12:59 AM
Use an Oinion or apple....or pliers
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)