Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

sunburn help!!!

Posted by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 12:34 AM
  • 22 Replies
I took my kids to the pool for a few hours today and put sunblock on them, but forgot myself! I am in horrible pain, my legs and tummy are bright red and itch and burn! Anyone know of any home remedies for the night? I am not going to make it to the store until the morning. Thanks!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 12:34 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Mom2Jade08
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 12:36 AM

Try using aloe vera or even cold compresses...

2callmemom09
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 12:38 AM
I can not find the aloe vera spray my mom gave me last summer. Plus if I remember right it didn't work all that well, and it had lidocaine in it too!!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
momofboys21
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 12:38 AM

i think i used petroleum jelly once, a luke warm shower might help cool you down.

SexyTeacher
by Gold Member on Jun. 27, 2010 at 12:39 AM

I got a good burn at the pool today too! There was a pool party and we stayed way too long! I took a cool shower and that helped. A hot or warm shower will hurt!  Also any lotion is good especially if it has aloe in it.

2callmemom09
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 12:40 AM
Yes, I am going to take a cool shower soon. Are you talking like vaseline?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
2callmemom09
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 12:41 AM
Thanks, I never thought of using my lotion with aloe in it!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Rhiannon1988
by Silver Member on Jun. 27, 2010 at 12:43 AM

very chilled bath? wet washcloth? i dunno it's been a long time since i had a sunburn and i usually had aloe.. when you do goto the store get as regular as you can get when you buy aloe.. aloe spray nu-uh... you need the real gooey stuff lol sorry you're in pain girl, almost got a burn on my face today, put sunscreen on just in time!

momofboys21
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 12:47 AM

Quoting 2callmemom09:

Yes, I am going to take a cool shower soon. Are you talking like vaseline?

yeah i think it's the same thing, i use it on my babies when they have a diaper rash

BaileynMe

Try white vinegar. If it's not too severe it'll help take the sting out. Drink a lot of water; you've essentially cooked your skin and it's going to dehydrate you if you're not careful. Make sure to keep some sort of lotion on it too; it'll help keep you from peeling, but avoid lotions with strong fragrance or dyes. 

AuntieV

vinagar will take the sting out

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)