Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I've got the blues...

Posted by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 12:36 AM
  • 6 Replies

The baby blues that is. Lateley all my fiancee and I can talk about is having another baby. We are getting married in October and are thinking about trying for our second. But on the other hand reallity gets to me and then I start asking all these questions on whether we can afford it.  I just hate getting these feelings because sometimes it's like lets throw all logical reasons not to have one now out the window. I think what is getting to me is that my sister just had a baby and I am seeing how my 21 month old is with her and then I see the look on my fiancee's face when he holds her. I just don't know what to do. I kind of needed to write this out. So I really don't know what I am asking. Just for suggestions

by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 12:36 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
Mom2Jade08
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 12:40 AM

My litle one is already 2 years and I can't see myself having another anytime soon... I would write out the pros and the cons, and go from there... It sounds to me like you are not ready...

Rhiannon1988
by Silver Member on Jun. 27, 2010 at 12:47 AM

i have a 3 year old and a 1 and a half year old, and it is so hard to give them both enough attention.. and it's very stressful to have two so close together.. i would wait until your first baby is older if i were you. i know what you mean though, i love playing with babies but.. if i were you i'd just play with your new neice/nephew as much as possible lol :P

momofboys21
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 12:51 AM

if you really want another one go for it but don't do it for others cause they aren't going to be pregnant

lind.shep
by Lindsey on Jun. 27, 2010 at 12:54 AM
I believe if you have to even ask this question, then you are NOT ready. I will KNOW when you are ready to try for another baby. I say have fun with his new baby, and hand him/her back when you are done playing.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lind.shep
by Lindsey on Jun. 27, 2010 at 12:55 AM
:sigh: I meant to say you will know not I will know. Stinking iTouch.

Quoting lind.shep:

I believe if you have to even ask this question, then you are NOT ready. I will KNOW when you are ready to try for another baby. I say have fun with his new baby, and hand him/her back when you are done playing.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Ms.Upinyourface
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 2:07 AM

I think part of this feeling is because the first is a toddler. It is a mothers heart time when this age sets in and the baby we cherished is now a little big person.

Wither you do or you don't have another baby now or later this feeling is part of being a loving woman open to life. So many of us are unable to strap our families with the demands of all the babies we want in our hearts. This is how we can stay strong and take such good care of the people that are here.

I am so glade  you have a sister having a baby who will benefit so much from your attention to her and her new born. She might even get to take , you know, a nap! Or sleep in on special mornings while you and your toddler take the new baby for a walk in the neighborhood.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)