• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Am I Wrong?

Posted by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 10:56 AM
  • 5 Replies

My SO's sister and boyfriend live in the same house as us. She has a daughter who lives with her dad and stepmom.  Sometimes on the weekend they bring her over.  Then she hangs out with my SO (her uncle) me and our kids all weekend.  Usually I fix her food out of our food (she doesn't eat a lot so usually I don't mind). She plays with my kids toys, sometimes even takes them in her mom's room and I don't see them again for weeks.  I try to be extremely nice about everything, but her parents just stay in their room and don't pay any attention to her.  So her moms boyfriend brings home cereal and pancakes this morning for them to have for breakfast.  Let me add they NEVER offer my girls anything.  They'll be making pancakes and won't offer my daughter a single one (and I don't expect them to).  Well he goes back to bed and her mom is sleeping.  The little girl comes out and is hanging around in the living room laying on my pillows (I'm weird about my pillows) I put them away, no harm no foul.  Well my girls had been up for awhile, and were eating their breakfast.  She goes "Brooke can you fix me something to eat."  I told her she needed to go wake her mom up because her they bought stuff for her to have for breakfast.  I'm sorry, but if they are going to bring her over here then they need to take the time with her.  I have two little girls whom I'm responsible for, I don't feel as though I should have to watch their kid while they are sleeping in the other room, and I don't mind giving her food but they NEVER offer my girls anything.  Am I wrong?

by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 10:56 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
Orionsgirl
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 10:59 AM

They are wrong for treating you like a built in sitter for their kid. Have a nice talk with them about actually watching the child themselves. Tell them to pretend you are not even there and to get up and take care of her. You are not wrong at all.

ffirsttimemommy
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 11:02 AM

no your not wrong! i hate it when pple expect other pple to watch their kids!! but i do feel bad for the little girl bc noone wants to help her :(

alwayscarolina
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 11:04 AM

It's not that I don't want to help her. I'm just at my ropes end with them. Normally when she's over I just fix her food with my kids.  However, he brought the food in this morning and my daughter asked for a pancake and he said no these are for Sam.  That was what sent everything toppling over the edge this morning.

Quoting ffirsttimemommy:

no your not wrong! i hate it when pple expect other pple to watch their kids!! but i do feel bad for the little girl bc noone wants to help her :(

ffirsttimemommy
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 12:01 PM

no i understand how you feel that would drive me nuts too!

momofboys21
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 12:17 PM

no, they got food for her so they had plans for her, you don't want to mess up their plans by feeding her. sounds like they need to start caring for their own kid, they rely on you too much

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)