Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Need Ideas now!!!! Dont know if I should take to er or what.

Posted by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 11:40 AM
  • 35 Replies

Kaile, 2.3 yrs old......Here is background info. She has been having the runs for almost 4 weeks, yes almost a damn month. But anyway...Took her to her ped 2weeks into it, did a urine test bc he thought it could be a bladder infection.....W/e so did it, came back normal. Well, Week2 a little later, she had a fever to where she was holusinating (sp), called her peds cell, and he said just wait til morning all the er is gonna do is give her what im giving her. They cant do more than what im doing. Ok...so did so. Fever broke. the next nite, it came back not as bad though. went to see her doc again, he said he will have to do a blood test, but sent me on my way, ok....made another app. for this thrusday. well now, she is throwing up, still has the runs and very winey. she is bearly eating....when she does she just nibbles. so idk what to do. she drinks anything today, it comes right back up. so should i take her in or wait til thursday? thanks.

I am a young, Co sleeping, Formula Feeding, Free spiriting, expressing your feelings, letting lil munchkins run wild as long as they don't hurt anyone, watching tv when they want, spanking when needed mama of 1 precious little angel. 

by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 11:40 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
pipers_mom
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 11:42 AM

I would take her in.

Mom2Jade08
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 11:48 AM

Don't wait till Thursday... I think you need to change pediatrician...

First off I think that she should be on some sort of antibiotic because of the diarrhea... Second she might now have a UTI because of the loose BMI... My daughter has had that before, and when she starts to vomit after she has had diarrhea that means she has a UTI...

I get the results for my daughters blood tests right there and then, I don't understand why you have to weight... Does the doc have a lab in office? Try giving her only pedialyte or even gatorate, but only like a spoonfull at a time... and then wait to see if she retains it...

momofboys21
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 11:49 AM

whatever she will eat let her have, it sounds like a virus, i know when there is a sudden change in the weather my kids all ways get the runs and the other symptoms you mentioned, she could have an infection somewhere eles, temperatures go up at night so give her a bath at night. i hope she is better soon

okhsmom
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 11:51 AM

Neither, put in a call to the doc today, ask how to procede or just wait until tomorrow and call for a sick child appt. 

KailesMommy

I tried to play around with the liquids....I gave her 2 ounces of juice, she held it so I gave her 2more and she threw it up and when she did boy it looked more than just 4 ounces of liquid. im gonna take a shower and take her in....Her ped is usually GREAT. but idk right now. ohh and for the 4 to 5 weeks she has been complaining of an upset belly....

AES514
I'd wait to see the ped. Do showers if she will instead of baths till then.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
masastan
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 11:53 AM

Take her to the ER. If you have a children's hospital anywhere near you, that is where you need to go.

superexcitedmom
I would take her to the er.... i mean diahera for a month & now throwing up & not eaing much... she could easily get dehydrated... i would find a new pdie if possible!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
KailesMommy

i have been letting her eat w/e she wants....bc she will bearly eat. she usually dont like plain saltly chips but thats all she wants to eat is that and crackers and yesterday, she only had a handful of chips in the am after throwing up again and that was all she ate all day. and today, she wont even eat that. so idk.

Quoting momofboys21:

whatever she will eat let her have, it sounds like a virus, i know when there is a sudden change in the weather my kids all ways get the runs and the other symptoms you mentioned, she could have an infection somewhere eles, temperatures go up at night so give her a bath at night. i hope she is better soon

I am a young, Co sleeping, Formula Feeding, Free spiriting, expressing your feelings, letting lil munchkins run wild as long as they don't hurt anyone, watching tv when they want, spanking when needed mama of 1 precious little angel. 

Mom2Jade08
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 11:54 AM

4 weeks with diarrhea is not normal and should not be taken lightly... I think your doc is too passive...

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)