Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

how do single moms do it?

Posted by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 1:55 PM
  • 27 Replies
DH is deployed and its DS birthday party today and I am going crazy trying to get everything done. I am totally missing the extra pair of hands and eyes I usually have. How do you do it? I couldn't keep his cake hidden and I had to mail order his present so he didn't see me buy it. Its more than twice the work when you are on your own. Hats off to all you single mamas. I only have to do this for 6 months I have no idea how you do it all the time!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 1:55 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
RubysMommy
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 2:02 PM
I agree. I don't know how they do it. Single parents deserve alot of credit that I don't think they get.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jrp0606
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 2:06 PM
I know. Like I said I only have to do this for 6 months and I am only a month in and exhuasted and going crazy. It certainly reminds me to appreciate my DH and everything he does.

Quoting RubysMommy:

I agree. I don't know how they do it. Single parents deserve alot of credit that I don't think they get.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Love2Bugs
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 2:07 PM

One day at a time. 

aprilmommy2007
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 2:09 PM

We do it because we have too, we are exhausted all the time, we work, we come home and take care of the house, and if we want to go out we have to find someone to watch our children. Alone time to me is when I am at work, but we do it because we have to

SassyPainter
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 2:10 PM
I only have one child, but yeah, it's tough sometimes, especially with the disciplining.
BeccaS28
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 2:13 PM

I agree we do it because we have to do it we have no other choice. But thanks lady!  It is hard work but well worth it because now I know I don't need a man to make it I can do it all on my own. 

Quoting aprilmommy2007:

We do it because we have too, we are exhausted all the time, we work, we come home and take care of the house, and if we want to go out we have to find someone to watch our children. Alone time to me is when I am at work, but we do it because we have to

KimGsMommi
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 2:14 PM
This. Except I dont even have anyone to watch my kids if i wanna go out. I havent been out ith just another adult alone in 3 years. You just do what you got to do, everything (to me) revolves around the kids. I made some bad choices (ttheir father) and now Im tryin to do the best I can to give them a good life.

Quoting aprilmommy2007:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
tabi_cat1023
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 2:15 PM

I had to do it one night when hubby was i the hospital and about went nuts....

RubysMommy
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 2:15 PM
So humble. ; ) I get that too but some parents don't even do that, they pawn their kids on everyone else while they go out and act like single people without kids. We have to yes but the good ones choose to have to because we love the have to part. If that makes sense. Lol :)

Quoting aprilmommy2007:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
momoftwins_3
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 2:17 PM

like the other ladies said we do it because we have to. i don't get alone time unless i'm in the bathroom and they have learned how to pop that lock, lol.  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)