Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Prenatal Vitamins...

Posted by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 2:40 PM
  • 43 Replies

How important are they??? I can not get into the habit of taking them at all, I am almost 4 months pregnant, and I have not taken it in like 4 days, it's like I keep forgetting....Do you hafta take it with water? Because I know on the bottle, it says "take with plenty of water" .... I didn't have a problem taking them when I was pregnant with my son 4 years ago....

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 2:40 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Aamy
by Gold Member on Jun. 27, 2010 at 2:42 PM

Yes they are important !!! The growing baby NEEDS those extra vitamins. I get in the habit, i take them right before i go to bed with a full glass of water. 

CarolinaMom2006
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 2:44 PM

Ok, Maybe I should try doing it at bedtime then, I always try to do it in the morning when I wake up, and that's when I forget, and I dont like taking them with water, they have this funky smell & taste that makes me wanna gag!

Quoting Aamy:

Yes they are important !!! The growing baby NEEDS those extra vitamins. I get in the habit, i take them right before i go to bed with a full glass of water. 

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
DeziiRee
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 2:44 PM

they are really important...we need the folic acid in them when we are pg. honestly i didnt take mine the way i should when i was pg...but i toke them everyother day. set them somewhere you will see them everyday so you remember to take them. i always toke mine before bed. they were right beside my bed. good luck.

xxlilmomma09
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 2:45 PM

I do not take prenatal vitamins. I drink the Boost nutritional drinks My OB/GYN said they do the same thing as prenatals.

DeziiRee
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 2:46 PM

if the taste is funny to you with water, try orange juice or milk. i had to take mine with milk.

MoMmA04nWiFe05
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 2:46 PM

YEs they are super inportant. I always left them right by my bed with a bottle of water and crackers, eaither took it at night or morning. and take them with food or it will make you sick to your tummy so not a good feeling ewwie

justinnaimee
by Bronze Member on Jun. 27, 2010 at 2:46 PM

I agree with the pp's. I take mine before bed too. If not they make me throw up. I don't do a whole glass of water though. Just enough to get it down.

Briannimal
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 2:47 PM

I have two bottles at once usually, leave one by the computer, the other in the kitchen. I forget too. Basically I tell myself before I eat my first anything, I take it.

None of us have a perfect enough diet to give baby the nutrients it needs so you had better take it! Also, prenatals alone still don't give the baby enough, you have to do your part.

Aamy
by Gold Member on Jun. 27, 2010 at 2:49 PM

Quoting CarolinaMom2006:

Ok, Maybe I should try doing it at bedtime then, I always try to do it in the morning when I wake up, and that's when I forget, and I dont like taking them with water, they have this funky smell & taste that makes me wanna gag!

Quoting Aamy:

When the taste and smell bother me, i try some juice to take them with. But yeah i set them out on my night stand and as im climbing into bed to turn my alarm on, i see them and pop them in. I know about the taste and smell, they gag me to !!! 

CarolinaMom2006
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 2:52 PM

Thanks Ladies!! So I just put the bottle beside my bed, because I know if I didn't do it now, then I would forget, lol :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)