• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Quick question about black and blues?

Posted by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 3:26 PM
  • 6 Replies

I took my DD to the doc cause she had a nasty one on her leg a while back, I even posted pics on here. the doc said it was just that a black and blue and since my dd is so fair skin it looks bigger. She told me if u see one on the back or belly unusual places then those are different and you can worry. Today I saw her having a small black and blue by her tailbone like where her pantie lines is in the back. Of course I freak and it does look like just a black and blue but im scare. She is 3 and last night she was riding her bike at her BBQ /birthday party. Im not sure if maybe she hit herself with something while riding it.

by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 3:26 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
kaylasmom22
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 3:40 PM

Bump

sarahbearamommy
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 3:43 PM

usually larger bruises over the center of the back or stomach are the ones to worry about. im pretty sure youre just overreacting.

kaylasmom22
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 3:51 PM

Quoting sarahbearamommy:

usually larger bruises over the center of the back or stomach are the ones to worry about. im pretty sure youre just overreacting.

I hope i am is really small not as big as the one she had on her leg.

bamababe1975
by Gold Member on Jun. 27, 2010 at 5:51 PM

If she's fair, then her bruises will appear much worse than they actually are. I know I'm almost as white as this background, lol (not exaggerating by too much, lol), and mine always look like I've broken something when it's just a minor bump on something that caused it. It doesn't sound like you've anything to worry about with hers.

KaseyHickman
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 5:58 PM

Im very fair skinned unless I have been tanning so bruises always look really bad on me.

This is one I got from dropping a door on my leg. It hurt but the bruising was ten times worse than how my leg actually felt.

This one I got from falling down steps on my shins. Again I am really fair skinned so everything always looks ten times worse on me. I wouldnt worry to much. The human body is really strong.

BaileynMe
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 6:07 PM

If she was riding her bike she may have hopped off the bike while it was moving, causing the seat to ping her in the back. If you're really worried tho take her back to the doc. It won't hurt anything. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)