Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I really HATE facebook. **EDIT!**

Posted by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 6:16 PM
  • 277 Replies

Ok Ive been a member of this group for awhile just haven't ever posted or posted very rarely...anyway my name is anika, ive been married  for 5 1/2 years, we have 2 daughters 4 and 15 months. We have been stationed at ft. drum ny, ft. benning ga, and now we are on temporary recruiting orders in california...

with that said...apparently USAREC (united states army recruiting) had mandated all recruiters have a facebook page to be "hip with the teenages and to keep up with current comminuaction styles of the teens."

Anyway so i logged onto my facebook page this am to check my updates and all that, and my husband got tagged in a photo but one of his future soldiers (a female) and her caption was backpacking was actually fun!!! Meanwhile she is bent over and he is sitting on a desk behind her similing at her. she made this picture her main facebook picture and i feel that this is really disrepectful to my family.

Do you agree? would you be happy if a female future soldier posted a profile picture of her and your husband? and if you would besupet about it, would you message her about it?! I feel super disrespected.

Ok well i have tried to talk to my husband about 5 other times since making this post , he still refuses to do anything about it, and i told him i would then! So I did...he gave me the password to his facebook account (hahah stupid! he did this LONG AGO, not today) so i hacked it, went in, untagged him, deleted her from his friend list, and blocked her from him! if she tries to message him or anything else you bet all hell will unleash on her...and the best part about all of this..my husband hates social networking so much, really he does i know thats hard to believe, he hardly even uses a cell phone!) that he probably wont even notice what i did! unless of course she emails him, which...i doubt she will, b/c then she'll be forced into telling her feelings in the email, why did you delet and block me? i really liked you..blah blah blah, then i can take the evidence to the CoC and bust HER ass for being a slut! :))

but i still don't feel great about myself, some of the moms whove messaged me know what is really going on, and honestly, i don't know if my feelings about myself can ever change...I was adopted as a baby, and have been very resentful lately about my biological mother, she was very irresponsible and made a horrible decision to get pregnant, purpusfully or not...all she did was pass on her horrible mental illness' to me. :( so yes with that and other things i dont want to disclose its going to be a very long road....

AND AGAIN SINCE NO ONE HAS READING COMPREHENSION, I DON'T CARE ABOUT THE CONENT OF THE PICTURE, I CARE THAT SHE IS USING IT AS HER DEFAULT ON FACEBOOK. I DON'T KNOW HER, IT'S NOT LIKE SHE IS MY BFF, HE HARDLY KNOWS HER...BY THE WAY YOU ALL ARE TALKING YOU ARE BASICALLY SAYING ITS OK TO POST PICTURES OF PPL YOU HARDLY KNOW AS YOUR DEFAULT PICTURE...YOU WOULDN'T THO B/C YOU KNOW THAT IS DISRESPECTFUL TO THAT PERSON, SO, SO IS THIS!

by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 6:16 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Cyn_
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 6:19 PM
I'd respectly messege her and tell him to un tag himself asap
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Vegetarianmama
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 6:20 PM

Quoting Cyn_:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
anikahaynes1
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 6:21 PM

Quoting Cyn_:

you can untag yourself?! lol

he even made a comment on her picture, i cant remember what it said now because ive been so mad about this...just grr!!!

and since i am angry i doubt id be able to say what i want to respectfuly, could you help me word something to say in a nice way? LOL thanks

LadyByrdNest
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 6:21 PM

Yes, you have every right to message her about it, and to be upset.

nikkiJ86
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 6:22 PM

I want to make sure I understand you. You aren't mad that they took the picture like that with her bent over and him looking at her smiling. You are mad about her making it her profile picture. Or are you mad at both?

anikahaynes1
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 6:23 PM

this is the picture, i may be blowing this out of proportion but she made this her default picture!!! And he said to her in the comments

haha that rucksak is as big as you are. we will have to do that again some day.

ahhhh i want to blow a gasket over here. seriously is this a CoC issue to?

Sweet_Britt
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 6:23 PM

Yeah, that would be really weird actually...LOL

Vegetarianmama
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 6:24 PM
Your hubby can untag himself.
And you could just say something like, ma'am, i don't think that picture is appropriate, and I would appreciate if you would change your default, or at very least untag my husband.

Quoting anikahaynes1:

Quoting Cyn_:

you can untag yourself?! lol

he even made a comment on her picture, i cant remember what it said now because ive been so mad about this...just grr!!!

and since i am angry i doubt id be able to say what i want to respectfuly, could you help me word something to say in a nice way? LOL thanks

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
anikahaynes1

Quoting nikkiJ86:

I want to make sure I understand you. You aren't mad that they took the picture like that with her bent over and him looking at her smiling. You are mad about her making it her profile picture. Or are you mad at both?

mostly because she put it as her default...like that is MY husband, not yours!

sgtwalkerswife

r u allowed to b a friend on ur husbands page? the marines did the same thing and friends and family arent allowed to b friends on it which is the only way u would see he was tagged in a photo

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)